Replacing analog sticks on the circuit board soon

ILBIEAST

Watched dakotakid's videos on replacing the sticks on the circuit board and it looks pretty simple. Should be pretty easy right?

NYjetsNY1

No it is extremely hard and voids your warranty. I highly recommend you do not do it. You mess up, - $ of macro controller.

ILBIEAST

had controller for many many months no more warranty and my left stick moves to the left and my right stick moves sometimes too

NYjetsNY1

You can still get it fixed if the warranty is up. Sounds like you want to do this though. Good luck! Remember - you mess up and there is NOTHING we can do for you.

Krier023

Useful Poster
This was very difficult on the legacy chip as it was placed behind the analog stick. I have not yet taken apart a macro but I believe they just pop on and of since they are solderless (besides the 12 wired from the tacts). But with a rework station replacing the analog sticks are easy. Little harder with just an iron, but if you are good at soldering it should be a piece of cake. I would start with a solder sucker or desoldering iron, then clean it up with some braid. Just remember to use afair anoint of flux, and smother the points with lead solder before removing to dissipate the lead free and get a lower melting point. Best of luck.

Fredrow

If this is a Macro controller then please contact V360 first because they should be the one's to fix this for you and I think they will. There have been numerous problems containing to the Macro board making the thumbsticks act weird....