Request for RapidFire Macro

GAMESHARQ

I am still hesitant to buy a Viking Controller. I want to be absolutely sure that I'll be able to program it to do rapidfire before investing money in it.

I checked out the tutorial videos, but they don't seem to explain how to set up a rapidfire macro.

If someone, preferably on the staff, can design me some rapidfire macros, that will help convince me to buy a controller. Even if you can just design one for me so I can at least see what a rapidfire macro looks like, I can at least use that as an example to create my own.

GAMESHARQ

odingalt said:

Are you the head guy selling these controllers? Because you have a serious attitude problem. In all of my threads, you've done nothing but talk down to me. All I was looking for was a little help with your product and you just refuse to give it to me for some reason. You may be a geek who knows a lot about mods, but you don't know the first thing about customer service. Telling a potential customer to GTFO when they are interested in buying a controller for $200 is not good business sense. But I will take your advice. I'll GTFO and go spend my money on one of your competitors products.

Thanks for nothing.

a42ozslushie

Dude, OD likes to joke around alot. If you haven't been around the forums alot then you could misunderstand some things that are said. Did you not see the SMILEY FACE at the end?! If you want to buy a controller, simply go to www.viking360.com and that's where you can buy a variety of controller shells. Yes, to answer your question, he created and developed viking360...He is the owner...

odingalt

Staff member
Out of curiosity, I searched all of your posts. I took all of my responses to anything you said and posted them here.

===begin paste

GAMESHARQ: I need rapid fire on the A,B,X,Y buttons and the Right Trigger on an Xbox 360 controller. Would the Viking controller work for this? If so, how fast can the rapid fire be and how easy is it to program?

Odingalt: To get rapidfire on A,X,B,Y you would need to use four of the added tac switches; each tac switch would make rapidfire on each different button. You can increase the speed way higher than any game will recognize. There's no games that have recognized over about 40SPS (shots per second), that was the original Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Rapidfire is easy to get set up in the macro editor.

GAMESHARQ: Do the TAC switches come preinstalled on the controller or do I need to install them myself?

Odingalt: They come pre-installed, on the viking360.com home page at the bottom is a picture of the tac switches installed on a controller.

GAMESHARQ: Ok, but it doesn't work for Right Trigger?

Odingalt: Honestly dude? Have you even visited the website or done any reading whatsoever on this product? From the http://www.viking360.com home page: "Control any situation with The Viking. Record your best moves, download new ones, and save presets for any game. Tweak your moves down to the millisecond using our macro software. Jitter mode and rapid-fire are just the beginning. " From the macro library at http://viking360.com/download-software- ... ro-library the very first macro is: BlackOpsRapidFire_tweeted-1. Or in this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab5sxO3E5H0 Or the chapter 6 or chapter 7 videos... http://viking360.com/support/video-tutorials Or if you download and play with the software http://viking360.com/download-software- ... back-moves Just to try it out.

GAMESHARQ: The reason why I asked is because I really just need a controller that can do rapid fire on all buttons, and I realize your controller is capable of doing a lot more than that. Because of the level of detail your controller can reach, I just want to make sure that it would be easy for someone like me to program just to do rapid fire. I am not familiar with macros at all so this is all new to me. Plus, $200 is a lot of money for me and I want to make sure it's what I need before spending that much money.

Odingalt: Yeah that is a good point $200 is a big investment. Well if all you need is a,b,x,y and right trigger rapidfire I know that at least on PS3 there was a third-party controller that was only like $40 that would do this. It didn't have the software bundled with it but our controller might be overkill if that's all you need. You might try googling a little harder to see if there is a cheaper product that just does the rapidfire on these 5 buttons for you. Not that I want to lose a sale lol but if there is a cheaper way to accomplish what you are looking for..

GAMESHARQ: Also, is it possible to assign rapid movement to the Right joystick so that by holding the joystick in one direction, it simulates moving the joystick around rapidly?

Odingalt: Nope. But you can assign rapid movement to the joystick for any other button. You can assign macros to any button except the analog joystick directions. I.e. joystick press yes, x,y,b,a, d-pads, triggers.

GAMESHARQ: All of the rapidfire macros seem to be around 10 shots per second. I need something a lot faster than that. The turbo controller I own now can do 26 sps. Hmm, I thought I read somewhere that these controllers were undetectable. I must be confusing it with another controller I looked at.

Odingalt: Yes, you are confusing it with your imagination. Let me make this painfully clear: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN UNDETECTABLE CONTROLLER. Every mod shop that tells you that their controller is undetectable, is a LIAR, and is marketing this to fool you into buying their product. With that said, if you are worried about being detected, The Viking is the best controller you can purchase. Why? Because in the unlikely event that rapidfire controllers are targeted anymore than they already are (by a simple speed cap... in the case of Black Ops the speed cap is somewhere under 9.0 shots per second), The Viking can be updated via USB on a Windows PC using the macro software. For free. Other mod companies, I guarantee you, will charge you $$$ (and you'll have to ship your controller into their shop, which could take WEEKS) to get any rapidfire code updates in the future. So to recap, other mod companies lie to you to make the sale, and then charge you $$$ later for rapidfire code updates. Viking charges you one price up front, we don't lie to you, and our software and any future macros are always free!

GAMESHARQ: Just one last question before I order. What is your return policy on this controller?

Odingalt: Yeah what he said. Basically we don't have a satisfaction guaranteed return policy. Be sure to poke around the forums and download and play around with the software a bit before you order, check out da vids, or try to find a buddy that might own one to play around with it. Other than that, we fix broken mod chip, bad mod chip installation, failed mod chip, defective microsoft controller for 90 days. There's a tamper sticker that prevents the customer from adding any more mods. Remove the tamper, void the warranty.

odingalt

Staff member
All right, I did get snippy twice when you asked if this controller can do rapidfire two times, you got two demeaning answers. I apologize. Not just to you, but to anybody else surfing these threads.

However if you are talking about my answer to the question about undetectability, I was definitely not meaning to talk down to you there, I was being very firm in what I was saying for any other potential customers reading it - I get very upset with other mod chops and their false advertising of "100% undetectable". It's just plain bull shit, and I wanted it to be very clear to you (and anyone who ever reads these posts) that there is NO such thing.

odingalt

Staff member
GAMESHARQ said:
If someone, preferably on the staff, can design me some rapidfire macros, that will help convince me to buy a controller. Even if you can just design one for me so I can at least see what a rapidfire macro looks like, I can at least use that as an example to create my own.

Earlier we tried pointing you towards the on-line macro library which is already chock full of rapidfire macros. There are some tutorial videos cover surfing the macro library and playing around with the software. I don't think there's much more we can do to try to demonstrate the product. :cry: Except get more actual gameplay videos out - and posted on the home page of the website maybe.

http://viking360.com/support/video-tutorials

odingalt

Staff member
I did some more thinking. I'm glad Gamesharq came back in to let us know we lost a sale here. Reminds me that some customers are interested in more than product and features. For some customers, the service means more than the product itself.

Also reminds me that I need a vacation badly if I'm starting to pick on potential customers! (I think I'm just burned out on rapidfire mods). Hopefully can get away for some R&R during the holidays.

odingalt

Staff member
Well, I think that's where my frustration came in was thinking that our promotional material, our macro library and the software itself are enough of an example to show how the product works, but if somebody still has a question about it it seems like it's fairly easy for me to just answer the question and not be demeaning about it. :-( Basically showing some immaturity on my part.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
No, I think all his questions would have been answered if he bothered to read anything on the site. I knew all the answers, and I can't even get one...