Requesting Information: Analog Stick - X and Y Resolution - Specific Positions

Hawk87

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a macro-controller where i can set a specific spot with the highest resolution possible on the left and right analog stick.
I was thinking of buying the Viking360 to use it for PC games. So my initial question is:

"In the timeline editor(I saw that option in a Youtube video, that is linked to this site) there is the possibility to set X/Y positions.
Is this the highest resolution available on any controller? Or is there an option to set it via numbers?
e.g. (If X-Max=255 or 1.00 then i could set it to X= 85 or 0.33)" //same goes for Y

My second question is:

"Can i asign this macro to a specific button press, that means as long as i press the button, the macro will go on"
(I'm honest here i haven't used the search function yet :rolleyes: )

Thank you for your patience,

with best regards
Hawk87

odingalt

Staff member
Greetings

The "DAC" (digital to analog converter) on the macro controller is only 8-bit, min is 0 and max is 255. I think (it's been awhile since I was in setting those numbers). You don't have an optiont to set it by numbers, just graphically using the timeline editor which then saves it as a number. There is also a "dead zone" specified in the timeline editor, that is always larger than the dead zone on the analog joystick.

You can do a looped macro in several ways:

Press and hold a button, Macro keeps looping forever so long as you are holding the button
Tap a button and release, Macro keeps looping forever until you press the button a second time

However if you are holding a button while the macro is playing, the macro doesn't over ride your button press. Unless it's the trigger in which case the macro takes precedence. Basically the macro can override the analogs (joystick directions and triggers) but cannot override the "digital" button presses (X,Y,B,A,LB,RB,etc.)

Hawk87

Thank you very much for your quick response odingalt!

I think that the range i need maybe 2 overall that means from 1 to every direction 1.Basically 9 positions.

That should be enough for my use. I'm going to order a macro soon!

This Thread can be closed now :)

With best regards
Hawk87