Right stick issue

joec0x

My right stick wont get 100% value to the left OR down , it gets to about 96 or so then is stopped. i play alot and this is a big issue.

Literally just got my berserker in the mail yesterday and would hate to ship it back for repairs without even having used it yet

Last edited:

bonefisher

Yeah for some reason that is xbox one controllers, everyone is different on how they react with the sticks. Hope someone makes some better ones to install.

modded matt

There is one way to tell.... but I would like to hear his explanation first.

But to be clear, this is normal with the xbox one and is the reason we cannot just replace or swap the sticks. The xbox one calibrates the sticks on initial startup. Go buy a brand new controller and you will see this offset, or it may be prefect, or it may be offset the other directions. you will not notice a difference in game until you reach a 15% offset which you are not even close to.

RDC has made a chip that will fix this. His chip will also allow the controller to switch between standard and southpaw. It could also be used in the future if the stick start to drift. The project works great but involves soldering to and cutting traces.

joec0x

But to be clear, this is normal with the xbox one and is the reason we cannot just replace or swap the sticks. The xbox one calibrates the sticks on initial startup. Go buy a brand new controller and you will see this offset, or it may be prefect, or it may be offset the other directions. you will not notice a difference in game until you reach a 15% offset which you are not even close to.

RDC has made a chip that will fix this. His chip will also allow the controller to switch between standard and southpaw. It could also be used in the future if the stick start to drift. The project works great but involves soldering to and cutting traces.
i use gtuner software that is used with my cronusmax, i always check my macros since the viking because both my macros had bad sticks since the chip wasnt set right. i just hate to have to send my beserker back after a day of having it

modded matt

Like I said I have brand new controllers fresh out of the box that will only hit 95% on some axis. I do not believe this is something Viking can fix, but your welcome to speak to Oden about it.

odingalt

Staff member
Your calibration is within the limits set by Microsoft when they shipped us the controller. There is no issue here. GTuner is not a Microsoft certified calibration product. It is a third party product. There is no issue here and thus nothing needing fixed by Viking.

Last edited:

joec0x

youre wrong about it not mattering, in games like cod halo destiny and im sure others as well, it doesnt get the quick turn like it should.

im strongly considering mailing back my controller and getting a refund because of it. even if it isnt vikings fault

honestly looking at it in gtuner, it seems like it could just be insufficient space in the shell from the chip/ tacs idk

Last edited:

foo

I know it's been said there are no stupid questions (it's been a while since I've made any macros-- had to get a TitanOne just so I could use my Macro on the xbone) but couldn't you just dial up you sensitivity in-game?

Drastic

youre wrong about it not mattering, in games like cod halo destiny and im sure others as well, it doesnt get the quick turn like it should.

im strongly considering mailing back my controller and getting a refund because of it. even if it isnt vikings fault

honestly looking at it in gtuner, it seems like it could just be insufficient space in the shell from the chip/ tacs idk
Wow.

odingalt

Staff member
i use gtuner software that is used with my cronusmax, i always check my macros since the viking because both my macros had bad sticks since the chip wasnt set right. i just hate to have to send my beserker back after a day of having it

GTuner is not a certified Microsoft calibration tool. In other words, the readouts from Gtuner don't matter.

joec0x

GTuner is not a certified Microsoft calibration tool. In other words, the readouts from Gtuner don't matter.
you keep telling me that, i understand that gtuner isnt a Microsoft tool, but i dont think anything on here is either though, but we trust you and listen to you. i am a customer coming to you for help and possible solutions, not to cause problems.

it doesnt take a program or software to see this issue, it only further verifies my suspicions. the controller is fine, but the issue upon further looking into it, is caused from lack of space inside the controller from not being flush, i personally would open the controller and readjust everything to make sure things were set flush but then that voids the warranty you offer. you or someone else has already said in a ticket that once you open the controller nothing fits as it used to, i see that only to be true to a certain degree, because if this were 100% true i think more people would have this issue. i am paying well over the standard $60 for a controller and if the basic things dont work on it, thats an issue. like i stated above, the sticks are fine, but you (whomever assembled my controller) just didnt set things back in place 100%. i can say this without a doubt in my mind because the harder i push the stick towards the problem area, the faster it goes and inside gtuner it actually gets closer to 100 value, but not all the way. also i refuse to push as hard as i need to, to get this to work because when i do the controller screeches and shuts off, and im not about to break the chip or anything like that.

ill say this here so you and everyone else will know, i am not here to bash you or viking at all, nor do i have malicious intent. i am just a customer trying to get a product that works fully/ properly, or get your (vikings) help on what to do about the problem.

i believe i have a warranty for just this reason and if i must ship it back for you to plug it into your microsoft calibration tool (assuming you have one here since you keep mentioning it) to see what i am saying is true and honest, then i will.

again, im just trying to get your help and have no mal intent. i hope you understand this and try to help me out in any way.

thank you in advance.

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I seriously doubt that something is offset in the controller that denies the ability of full stick movement. The only thing that could come to play I can think of would be if the shell was painted and has a thick coat around the inside circle where the joystick revolves around. Even then i couldent see that making a big difference maybe 1/8 in at max.

I do know that the new joysticks in the XB1 controllers suck and are calabrated to the controller board making anolog swaps impossible.

The only alternative I could suggest to u would be to take a thin file and file down your joystick where it comes in contact with the shell. U can file rim a quarter inch deep giving u a extra quarter in stick travel.

That maybe your best option and even then that might not do anything. U can always adjust the sensitivity of the sticks in the games u play giving u your quick anolog movement also if u have a CM device u can adjust the stick sensitivitys to operate at 100 no matter if u move them say 20%. Even game sensitivity levels are insainly fast at full speed. I'm mean really how much faster do u want it? I believe your making a bigger deal about it than what it is.

Maybe post a side by side comparison video of a stock controller and your controller using the same game sensitivity and show us all how drastic the difference between the two are. My bet is it won't be anything noticeable.

joec0x

I seriously doubt that something is offset in the controller that denies the ability of full stick movement. The only thing that could come to play I can think of would be if the shell was painted and has a thick coat around the inside circle where the joystick revolves around. Even then i couldent see that making a big difference maybe 1/8 in at max.

I do know that the new joysticks in the XB1 controllers suck and are calabrated to the controller board making anolog swaps impossible.

The only alternative I could suggest to u would be to take a thin file and file down your joystick where it comes in contact with the shell. U can file rim a quarter inch deep giving u a extra quarter in stick travel.

That maybe your best option and even then that might not do anything. U can always adjust the sensitivity of the sticks in the games u play giving u your quick anolog movement also if u have a CM device u can adjust the stick sensitivitys to operate at 100 no matter if u move them say 20%. Even game sensitivity levels are insainly fast at full speed. I'm mean really how much faster do u want it? I believe your making a bigger deal about it than what it is.

Maybe post a side by side comparison video of a stock controller and your controller using the same game sensitivity and show us all how drastic the difference between the two are. My bet is it won't be anything noticeable.
i PROMISE you its not the calibration, with everything i have in me. i thought about the filing thing because, i do in fact have the hydro dip hard wood shell, but dont want to have a big white spot where there was once paint/ whatever that is.

the CM alt works but then is retarded, since i wouldnt be able to use my mic, which is the big reason the viking is better than cm.

the video would be a great idea, but im afraid no matter what i do or say at this point would matter to the viking team. :(
however i will try to record the difference later this evening as i have work tonight.

i would be wiling to even add/ play with you or any of the viking team to show you in real time. my gamer tag is "JOE C0X" the red is a zero ,not an o.

i dont have any video software to show side by sides, but i can try and make clips on my xbox one for you to see or use my iphone.

honestly at this point, i just want everyone to understand im being sincere and only want my controller to work all the way considering how much it costs.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I'm not talking about filing the shell but the actual stick or sticks. I feel that the circumference of the shaft in the anologs are too fat in diameter. I wish they made aftermarket anolog sticks with a skinnier diameter. This would allow for more stick travel. That's why I suggested shaving the diameter of the stick and not the shell lol. Good luck though I hope u get this figured out.

Maybe you should cruise eBay and try to find xb1 sticks with a skinnyer shaft then see if viking will swap sticks to fix your issue and save your warrenty.

bonefisher

I myself had these sticks for the 360 controller and took them back off a week later. Not comfortable at all. Just ask to send in the controller for him to take a look that he mite be able to do something for you. Won't hurt to look.

joec0x

thats what ive been trying to get him to do but everytime its brought up, he writes it off as a calibration issue or just the fact im using gtuner as unreliable.

ill ask again in a ticket and wait for a reply on here.

thanks you two for suggesting and trying to help me out. it means alot