RT Problems on New Controller

serious

Greetings :)

So I am the proud owner of a viking controller. All I have to say is WOW!!!

However, I thought I would seek some advice to see if I am just missing something.

So I received my controller 2 days ago, and noticed right away that my right trigger was not working on rapid fire mod for Black Ops.

Now for the technical stuff:

I play Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops.

The Macro's that I have tried are all uploaded.

The trigger works fine without macro, any macro's applied to trigger just do not work.

Okay so I thought at first I was just doing something weird or not understanding how the controller works. So I spent a bunch of time looking over the forums, and watching all the tutorials, etc... I hate being unprepared ;) What I have tested: All of the macro's from your library do not work on my right trigger what so ever. When activated, my right trigger just functions as if there is no macro applied (ie just shoots normally). At first I thought it might be the black ops quick set, so I downloaded separate .vkm files to change out the specific macro. These do not work as well. I tried disabling the RT1 button so that the macro was constantly in the "on" state and that does not work. I then tried out Gears of War 2 thinking maybe rapid fire had been disabled in Black Ops, and the rapid fire in Gears does not work as well. I thought maybe at this point the rapid fire was disabled by server updates in each game, so I applied a simple button replacement macro (RT for example would be the "A" button) This DOES work. Every other button I can program and have it work, but my right trigger almost seems like it is not attached to the mod chip itself for rapid fire. Like I said before though, the right trigger functions properly without a macro.

So I think I have covered myself with every bit of information I can think of, please let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks my new community :) hehe

-Serious

**EDIT - reworded some things*

odingalt

Staff member
It sounds like you've covered all the bases!! I would copy-and-paste exactly what you wrote here in the forums into a support ticket so they can send you a prepaid return shipping label for diagnosis in the shop :-(. I have no idea why it would not be working, but it sounds like you've tried everything!

serious

Thank you for the reply.

I just had to cover another base on the forums just to make sure I was not wasting the support ticket and my controller missing for a week :) hehe

I will transfer to support ticket.

-Serious

serious

I have always liked closure....so for all you lurkers on the forums:

My controller has been fixed and I could not be happier about the service and help I received from not only the Viking Staff but from the forums.

It was less than a week from sending out my controller and getting it back. The viking staff communicated the entire time and now I am off running around with my new controller.

Thanks!!!!

-Serious