Screw driver?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

just goggle "where to buy a torx t8 security screw driver for cheap".. i know you can get these at auto zone/NAPA/ advanced auto parts...... basically any automotive store sells them

Jonny

Wow.. you can actually get the security one with the hole in..?
When i went into my local hardware shop- only like a family business one that sells almost everything DIY like.. The guy said no one makes them and so i showed them the screw from the controller which i had managed to get out with a small screwdriver and he knew it was an xbox controller screw.. so he tells me off for taking it apart ect.. and that its called security for a reason.. You don't take it apart.. then he shows me how to take one out.. i was like wtf?

so all i do is pop the little dot off with a flat head and use a normal T8 to take apart..

v360Reflex

Jonny said:
When i went into my local hardware shop- only like a family business one that sells almost everything DIY like.. The guy said no one makes them and so i showed them the screw from the controller which i had managed to get out with a small screwdriver and he knew it was an xbox controller screw.. so he tells me off for taking it apart ect.. and that its called security for a reason.. You don't take it apart.. then he shows me how to take one out.. i was like wtf?

so all i do is pop the little dot off with a flat head and use a normal T8 to take apart..

go to Sears and then go to the Hardware Department and ask for the Srewdriver set with the t8 screwdriver Bit its like $15 or $20.00

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Jonny said:

Yes you can do this...and strip the head while your at it

IrishStyle

Jonny said:

If you can't find a t8 security and only have a t8 this is the way to go. Or you can use a flathead precision screwdriver that fits between the post and the side walls.

Not sure why m1 would say this would strip the screw :roll:

IrishStyle

How is a t8 bit going to strip the head t8 screw? Not sure how removing the security post would strip the head :lol:

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

IrishStyle said:
How is a t8 bit going to strip the head t8 screw? Not sure how removing the security post would strip the head :lol:
when removing the security tab unless you drill it out it will strip the head GUARANTEED

Jonny

I have to say that out of the 4 controllers I have taken apart and the 28 screws I have done this to, all 28 are still in working order and now esily fit over my normal T8...
Well make that 27 actually.. One if the screws I lost..

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Jonny said:
I have to say that out of the 4 controllers I have taken apart and the 28 screws I have done this to, all 28 are still in working order and now esily fit over my normal T8...
Well make that 27 actually.. One if the screws I lost..
what im saying is that if you use a flat head to remove the security tab there is a verry high chance of stripping the head. personally i would rather have the proper tool for the job.

Jonny

To pop it out I use a Very small flat headed screwdriver that can fit inside the screw even when the pin is still it it and it does not touch the sides..

PS3andCOD

Contributor
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
IrishStyle said:
when removing the security tab unless you drill it out it will strip the head GUARANTEED

I was actually talking about trying to use a 6 or a 10 by acident.