se7ensins

NYjetsNY1

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
i say unless you have the money dont buy it untill you do.....you have alot less to worry about down the road that way

True, but not true for everything.

Ebay = relatively safe, and PayPal = safe for me too. If you are honest (at least for myself) then I always get my $ back. I don't get nervous buying anything Ebay or Paypal ... I only buy used things that are reputable and I know will work in the long run. But yes, if the used price is close to new, I'll buy new.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

lets say i can get a PVR for 50$ from a reputable seller even if they wernt scamming i would still wait untill i had the 200 to buy it from hauppauge.

NYjetsNY1

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
lets say i can get a PVR for 50$ from a reputable seller even if they wernt scamming i would still wait untill i had the 200 to buy it from hauppauge.

I wouldn't.

That's just how I feel.

Remmnever

I buy used stuff like 90% of the time. Craigslist or online. I think new stuff is over priced. I see nothing wrong with buying a used item that works/looks like new.

Maybe I'm just cheap, I don't know. I just hate paying full price.

smallx

Yeah. Especially $60 for a video game is crazy. That's why I download all my games and pay the small price of $2 per disc. It saves thousands of dollars

NYjetsNY1

Remmnever said:
I buy used stuff like 90% of the time. Craigslist or online. I think new stuff is over priced. I see nothing wrong with buying a used item that works/looks like new.

Maybe I'm just cheap, I don't know. I just hate paying full price.

Totally agree.

Remmnever

smallx said:
Yeah. Especially $60 for a video game is crazy. That's why I download all my games and pay the small price of $2 per disc. It saves thousands of dollars

I have a jtagged xbox and a 1 TB external hard drive. I've got about 50 full games on it. So 50 x 60 = $3000 I've saved on xbox games alone. I know it is lame to not support the developers but seriously $60 per game? No thanks.

NYjetsNY1

Remmnever said:
smallx said:

I have a jtagged xbox and a 1 TB external hard drive. I've got about 50 full games on it. So 50 x 60 = $3000 I've saved on xbox games alone. I know it is lame to not support the developers but seriously $60 per game? No thanks.

Don't you mean flashed xbox? How do you go online with a jtag without getting banned? I thought even running signed code on a jtag will get you banned...

Remmnever

NYjetsNY1 said:
Remmnever said:
smallx said:

Don't you mean flashed xbox? How do you go online with a jtag without getting banned? I thought even running signed code on a jtag will get you banned...

Well actually i have both, a flashed console and a jtag, and I have an unmodded halo reach slim xbox. I can't go online with the jtag for obvious reasons. But I don't need to burn a disc if I don't plan on playing online with the game. The online games I have played in the past year are Call of duty Mw2 and black ops, and I actually bought both because I knew I would play it enough to get my moneys worth. Every other game I have just played single player offline. I get pretty much every single game that is released so I can try it out. Even kinect games and xbl arcade games. I don't care about my gamer score so I just use an offline profile for everything.