Sign???

shaoliin

So i was using my controller for about an hour and then all of a sudden it got really hot on the right side. It went away after a few minutes, but i was just curious to know if there might be a future problem that might occur. Everything seems to be fine right now.

shaoliin

:oops: I dont know why it happened. I have been using the controller a lot lately with my Mortal Kombat kombos and plugging it in and out of my computer a lot!!! The only thing i really noticed is that sometimes my macros just delete off my controller with out my doing. I think it happens because i my batteries are low or something. I also think my D-pad is alittle messed up too. All the directions work but i have to press up on the D-pad alittle bit harder than the other directions. At the moment i think im gonna just cope with that though.

odingalt

Staff member
shaoliin said:
:oops: I dont know why it happened. I have been using the controller a lot lately with my Mortal Kombat kombos and plugging it in and out of my computer a lot!!! The only thing i really noticed is that sometimes my macros just delete off my controller with out my doing. I think it happens because i my batteries are low or something. I also think my D-pad is alittle messed up too. All the directions work but i have to press up on the D-pad alittle bit harder than the other directions. At the moment i think im gonna just cope with that though.

Hmm if the macros really do corrupt themselves out of nowhere (for example you program your macros in on day 1, play on day 1 and 2 and 3 and just by themselves on day 3 they are gone) then it could be a failing EEPROM chip.

HOWEVER, if you are making small edits.. for example upload macros on day 1, make little edits and re-upload on day 2, make little edits and upload on day 3, it's possible the macro set has become corrupted in the software itself.

If it's the first case - where you haven't reprogrammed the controllers but the macros seem to get corrupted (even though you haven't reprogrammed the controller at all)... that's not normal either!

v360Reflex

OD SAID: HOWEVER, if you are making small edits.. for example upload macros on day 1, make little edits and re-upload on day 2, make little edits and upload on day 3, it's possible the macro set has become corrupted in the software itself.

this has happened to me 3 times yesterday when i was deleting macro pages.. can this get fixed?