sluggish x axis

nebulonwarrior

i have a viking 360 i got from you in march of this year. I love it but a week ago the x-axis on the right thumbstick started acting funny. If i turn to the right (Fps) the result is usually a very degraded turn to the right which can just be slowed or jumpy. I have tried removing all macros from the controller, but upon removing them the problem persists. All other aspects i can see are working fine as far as macros, syncing, programming and all other hardware and buttons work fine.

Thank you very much for your time.
NW

nebulonwarrior

Yes. I have tried fresh AA's, fresh battery pack and with the play and charge on the xbox each one has the same intermittent problem . Ty

odingalt

Staff member
:-x Hmmmm. This is one I have not heard of yet. I think the shop staff would look at it but they usually quote a repair fee of like $50 for this kind of a jobber (that includes the return shipping fee). I'm curious to see what they would find!!

Just be sure you didn't spill anything in there, if they find junk food in the controller they will just send it back without a fix :-(

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Hmmmm. This is one I have not heard of yet. I think the shop staff would look at it but they usually quote a repair fee of like $50 for this kind of a jobber (that includes the return shipping fee). I'm curious to see what they would find!!

Just be sure you didn't spill anything in there, if they find junk food in the controller they will just send it back without a fix
How could all that gunk get in there?

WetterThanWater

Jax, I recall Fredrow posting picture of a PCB board of a viking that he was repairing for someone, and it just so happened to have all sorts of gunk in it, even an insect.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Jax, I recall Fredrow posting picture of a PCB board of a viking that he was repairing for someone, and it just so happened to have all sorts of gunk in it, even an insect.
I saw the pictures and it was absolutely nasty, but how the hell could all that get in there? You would have to have one dirty *** household to get insects inside a controller.

clint

Have you found the cause of that problem yet? My controller started doing that about a month ago and now its getting unplayable. Exactly the same symptoms as nebulonwarrior.