Somebody bid $1,725 for Modern Warfare 3 on eBay!

codmw3.jpg

Those Kmart copies of Modern Warfare 3 that slipped off store shelves have been doing big business on eBay, but none bigger than this copy which sold -- four days before its retail release -- for $1,725. Though the buyer's identity is a mystery, considering their abundance of free time, love of the franchise and inability to judge the value of everyday objects, we have to assume it's the either a prankster with too much time on their hands, or the World's Richest Juggalo. Speaking of record-setters, did you know that the final bidding price technically makes this copy of Modern Warfare 3 the most valuable thing ever sold at Kmart? It's true! Look it up!

Whats even more funny it says 3-4 days to ship. Today is November 4th, if it takes 4 days to ship, then that make is November 8th, AKA The Release date

*Shakes Head*

x iiTryHard o

ModdingBros Member
Haha honestly if i had that kind of money i would have done that. Would been super excited i would have gotten the game 4 days early not even knowing that it shipped for 4 days .lol

Remmnever

No one will pay that much for the game. I'm guessing someone who knows the buyer made the highest bid so the buyer won't need to ship/sell. That or the seller will not pay.

I've been checking craigslist and found copies near Sacramento going for under $150. I don't really want to make the 2 hour drive to get it so I guess I'll be waiting until Tuesday.