Spinning D-Pad Macro Mod

Toymachine363

Hey everyone. today i was excited to find that the Improved D-Pad controllers are now for sale modded. Well i would love to have my macro mod have the improved D-Pad when i get it.... but there are some things about it I dont like. for example, i dont really like how the buttons are all grey. Would their be any way that we could purchase customizations along with the controller? like a Fable III controller with gray buttons or a Improved controller with colored button? Or mixing up the thumbsticks or whatever? because i like the idea of the new D-pad and the new thumbsticks, but thats all i like about it. I would love to buy one of the new controllers but id like it even more of i could get Colored buttons on it.

And another thing, will their be custom paintjobs made for the New silver controller? I just want to buy a Macro mod with a cool paint job, while having the new d-pad and new sticks while still having colored buttons. do you think this will be possible in the future or do you think its going to stay only silver? And if you can only sell them with the gray buttons, how safe would it be to open the controller to install new buttons? im guessing not very, especially considering the wire and how it voids the warranty...

odingalt

Staff member
Toymachine363 said:
Hey everyone. today i was excited to find that the Improved D-Pad controllers are now for sale modded. Well i would love to have my macro mod have the improved D-Pad when i get it.... but there are some things about it I dont like. for example, i dont really like how the buttons are all grey. Would their be any way that we could purchase customizations along with the controller? like a Fable III controller with gray buttons or a Improved controller with colored button? Or mixing up the thumbsticks or whatever? because i like the idea of the new D-pad and the new thumbsticks, but thats all i like about it. I would love to buy one of the new controllers but id like it even more of i could get Colored buttons on it. ...

Nope. What you see is what you get unfortunately :-(. We found it too hard to offer and keep up with made-to-order mods, so we dropped all of the options earlier this year. We've been much happier (and had much better on-the-shelf stock levels) since we've limited the options. We've also had less warranty returns when offering less options. The more aftermarket mods and special requests we cater to, the more risk that something goes wrong with the mod install.

Toymachine363 said:
And another thing, will their be custom paintjobs made for the New silver controller? I just want to buy a Macro mod with a cool paint job, while having the new d-pad and new sticks while still having colored buttons. do you think this will be possible in the future or do you think its going to stay only silver? And if you can only sell them with the gray buttons, how safe would it be to open the controller to install new buttons? im guessing not very, especially considering the wire and how it voids the warranty...

We will be looking at a new custom paint job for the silver controllers in January. Unfortunately the silver controllers were released by Microsoft just last week, which didn't leave us enough time to get a sample painted, approved, and then the rest of our stock sent in for painting in time for the holidays.

odingalt

Staff member
Yes it's going to happen. I think he meant he'll wait to see what custom paint job we come out with that will go onto the silver controllers which we plan on doing first thing after the holidays (if you read the post above you would realize that lol)

Toymachine363

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Toymachine363 said:
im probably gonna end up waiting for a custom paintjob D-Pad controller then. lol
that probably wont happen.............MAYBE fredrow MIGHT make one.

Well
odingalt said:
We will be looking at a new custom paint job for the silver controllers in January. Unfortunately the silver controllers were released by Microsoft just last week, which didn't leave us enough time to get a sample painted, approved, and then the rest of our stock sent in for painting in time for the holidays.