Still can't decide

REMDMM

Hello everyone,

I contacted Viking about there controllers and after a very helpful email from their customer service, I was all set to purchase a Ragnarok controller…

The problem is that I just can't stop thinking about splurging and getting the Macro controller, but I am having a hard time justifying the price.

I understand that the Macro controller can do just about anything, but I mainly play FPS's and besides anti recoil macros, I'm just wondering if all you experienced users can give me some ideas of other things that the Macro controller could be programmed to do that would help with my game play (besides the stuff that Vikings other controllers are capable of).

Thank you,

Robert

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I'm going to retract my previous statement for the simple fact that MJ23KB24 put it all together in a very clear and understandable dialogue. His statement is very clear and to the point with the pros and cons between the macro and the ragnarok. Basically all pro with the macro and cons for the ragnarok being that u are restricted to limited amount of mods. If u get a macro like MJ said he can compile u over 153 different mods in one compressed file and u can have mods that no other company can mimic and u will never be restricted by what u can make with a little imagination and ingenuity. By far the best buy and is worth the price, any macro owner will tell u the same. Hope all your questions were answered and hopefully we will see u more in the forums!!!

Last edited:

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Personally I would go with the macro for a few reasons, 1. You dont have to rely on anyone else on to make mods for. All of the other controllers including the Ragnarok are limited by the number of mods that Odin can come out with. This being said Odin does a fabulous job balancing all of the controllers he makes by coming out with new mods except the macro of course because thats in a whole new category by itself.
2. Say you are having trouble with a macro, I can help you and I am probably the fastest one to be able to give you support for the macro (Brian might also beat me to the punch) but I am on here ALOT and can help you out. Need a macro when your starting off? Done I can take care of it. Plus in all reality once you get the software down you can really do some amazing things.
3. The community helps eachother out with mods so there are plenty of mods I have racked up that can be downloaded as one file. So to start off you can have up to 50+ mods.
4. This controller really has no limits so the possibilities are endless.
5. The Ragnarok is an amazing controller however, the macro can do what it does plus more so when you get a macro you pretty much buy a ragnarok plus more.
6. The Ragnarok isnt as customizable since you cannot assign things to tac switches like you can a macro, personally I love putting drop shot on the back tac switch and I can use it so easily, I cant do that with the Ragnarok.
7. Once something gets patched for a certain game majority of the time the macro controller can get around it. Like Brian said the community shot me and idea and I got around the jitter thing with some limitations. Also the rapid fire speeds are usually top notch and I release them to the public within a few days.
I can pretty much rave about the macro controller all day but the bad things about the controller is of course the price because the Ragnarok is cheaper and can do a lot of things. Its really up to you man if your generally good with computers and have one near you majority of the day I think a Macro controller is a great choice. The Ragnarok isnt as dependent on a computer and has a lower price point.

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Well put i couldn't put it in better words! Mj23kb24 is amazing at what he brings to the table and there are a lot of people that are here to help u out on your way but if you have patience and pay the extra dollars u won't be disappointed. The ragnarok has a lot of good qualities but like mj23kb24 put it you are limited to what odin makes available for mods and the macro is really a programmers controller thats unrestricted by future updates.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Thanks Brian! Dont be fooled as Brian is pretty good with the software also. Regardless I am sure you have made the right decision on what company to go with, this community is a blast if you get into it even though there arent many people all alot. I still enjoy meeting new people and sharing ideas with others, Im a nerd that way!

Apex NuGz

have you guys noticed tho, i havent seen much people on the forums anymore :( ? gotta fix that! :) Black ops 2 might just be it!
Macro Controller = a gift from the GODS!!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

When blackops 2 drops and halo 4 drops u will see a big spike in the forums of old and new members looking for or contributing to new macros for these new titles. Dont worry less than a month from now it will probably be crazy with people and new threads. Thats my predition.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I think it will too and it will stay steady for around 3-4 months then start to get dead again.

odingalt

Staff member
Everybody gets together for the holidays, takes vacation, time off from school, and it's gloomy outside. With all these things, people always have more time for gaming in the Winter and especially around the holidays :)

REMDMM

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help with my questions. I've just been so busy and hadn't had the time to respond.

Over the past few days I thought of a couple of other things...

Does the Macro controller allow you to save settings for multiple games and load them without connecting it to a computer - say I have it set up for MW3 and my son wants it set up for Skate 3?

As for auto spotting in BF3, I know there is a macro for this, but how does it work? I can't see where the back button is being accessed in the Macro controller.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Well the nice thing about the macro controller is you can have a whole page dedicated to Skate 3 for your son. All you have to do is make sure one of your tac switches is set up to go to page right or left and if hes younger just assign his favorite color to the page. Then you would be able to tell him page blue for example is his page that way he can get to it very easily.

In the software the back button is there all you have to do is scroll down in the timeline editor.

If you need anymore help Im always here to help you man! Dont be afraid to ask questions.

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah you will definitely have a bigger learning curve with the macro controller, especially if there aren't already macros in the library for your game - you'll have to use the timeline editor to create new ones. But if he is playing non-first-person-shooter games like Skate 3, the macro is the way to go. Our other modded controllers are tailored for Call of Duty and some of the other shooters like Gears of War or Battlefield.

odingalt

Staff member
Does the Macro controller allow you to save settings for multiple games and load them without connecting it to a computer - say I have it set up for MW3 and my son wants it set up for Skate 3?

Yes like MJ said you can set up 16 different "pages" of macros. Typically you'll use at least one tac switch to scroll to the next page, leaving you with 5 usable tac switches for macros on each page (since you have to use one of the six just to change pages).

As for auto spotting in BF3, I know there is a macro for this, but how does it work? I can't see where the back button is being accessed in the Macro controller.

Hi Remdmm, we don't have the Macro software's home page set up where you can press the back button to initiate a macro, but, all buttons can be used to build a macro. So for example you can make a macro that "spams" the back button, then assign this macro to a tac switch. Then when you press the tac switch, the back button gets spammed.

BraveTitan

I've used the Macro controller for awhile and absolutely love it. You can save multiple set ups as well as uploading them all onto the multiple pages of a single save. On my Macro setup I assigned the 2 tac switches on the front as my page switches. They are kind of in a bad spot for quick reaction stuff but they are extremely useful none the less. My setup on my pages pretty much consisted of multiple pages of FPS mods for games grouped together with miscellaneous macros down the line. Each page I had signified by different colored LEDs. (ex. Mw2 page was Orange, General RapidFire/Jitter was Blue, Battlefield was Green, Miscellaneous was Pink.) However since I didn't have an easily accessible PC I also wanted to sync my controller as little as possible which is why I used this method. If you and your son have a PC available to you, you could try making a separate setup save for each person and upload them each time you are going to play. This may seem like a hassle but it should work quite well.

The BF3 auto spotter works fantastic in my opinion when its paired with your ADS button. Essentially whenever you look down the sights at an enemy he will be spotted for your team if you either die or get assisted.

I can almost guarantee however that you will be so surprised by the quality and just kickass functionality that the Macro controller provides that you will want to buy a second one just to have your own!

Apex NuGz

best way i'll put it simple and short, no other modded controller has the satisfaction and love'abilty that the Macro controller does! creative with game ideas? = macro possible!

whoismiked

I just wanted to mention That I have owned for a long time and still own a odin raven controller and always loved it for my call of duty needs ... but have recently, after a long time of debate of spending the cost, did end up getting myself a macro controller and ... wow .. just wow ... it is AMAZING.

I seriously suggest you springing the extra money for the Macro, it can do ANYTHING.

God dam i hate you guys i think this tread just made me but the Macro, now only if i can hide the price from the women. She will be ****ed if she sees the price, llool

with shipping its goign to cost me $326.86 eeeeeeeeeeeeeek

Last edited:

BraveTitan

@NameLess

Buy the controller & an expensive looking necklace. Pass the necklace off for something that was $330 and profit! :)

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Haha that or just tell her that you bought her something and give her the really expensive looking necklace.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Just make sure she doesn't shower with the jewelry on it might rub the fake gold off on her neck leaving behind a greenish tent on her neck lol.