still no update for the macro record feature

noonoo390

I still need to take the battery out to record a macro . also when I try to playback that macro it doesn't sometimes , this is my second controller both are like this , idk it needs an update

odingalt

Staff member
This occurs under the following circumstances:

-You just loaded a fresh runepack into the controller
-You are recording for the first time on that runepack.

Once you've recorded any rune and rebooted your controller everything works as normal until you load a fresh runepack onto the controller.

I.e. if you are in a long recording sessions you wouldn't be constantly rebooting the controller.

noonoo390

I will take another look into this old bug.
ok after i unplug the battery the record feature and playback work fine one more thing odingalt after i upload the rune i recorded ,when i open it up in the editor it doesent show the imputs i recorded instead it shows a bunch of random imputs ,ill try making a bunch of runes to see how often this happens but so far thats what its doing .

odingalt

Staff member
I still need to take the battery out to record a macro . also when I try to playback that macro it doesn't sometimes , this is my second controller both are like this , idk it needs an update

I have found the source of this bug and have fixed it. The fix is in firmware version 5. I am having some troubles rolling firmware version 5 to the forge's automatic updater, so stay tuned, or if you wish to update manually, head over to this post: https://forums.vikingdigital.com/threads/viking-forge-software-bug-report-thread.6243/