Suggestions for Noob

ddebon1

Hi Everyone.

Just received my Macro 360 in the mail. Was wondering if anyone can suggest good macros for a novice for Black Ops.

I did, some searching and found the macros, but I just wanted to hear some suggestions from people who have been using the Viking. What would be a good set to start with?

Look forward to getting to know this controller and being a solid contributor to the forums with macros and advice.

odingalt

Staff member
Start with the Call of Duty Black Ops Quick Set.

I use the quickset all the time when I play on-line. Here are some things I do with it (quoted from previous post from another thread):

odingalt said:
I've been using FAL with suppressor and the 8.9 SPS rapidfire, and akimbo pistols as the secondary. I use my right tac switch #2 for the akimbos so it's easy to whip out my pistols and wire.

My other setup is SPAS-12 with x,y,y, medium jitter speed assigned to left tac switch #2 as the primary, and akimbos as the secondary.

My third setup is Enfield with rapidfire turned on to slow down the firing rate and conserve ammo with yet again akimbos as the secondary.

Basically using a lot of akimbos as anybody with 15 yards loses when I have akimbos enabled. For the primary rifle sometimes I use the Galil with no rapidfire or other mods.

Sometimes I use the heavy MG's, when I do I definitely use the fast reload so I can free up perk. Again I use a tac switch for the reload so that my X can be used normally for other functions.

ddebon1

Thanks for your help. That is the one I Downloaded.

Is this controller capable of having multiple macros set for different games on it at the same time. And will it switch when I change games?

odingalt

Staff member
That quick set that I suggested takes up page 1. You have a total of 16 pages available. All the pages save into a big macro set file (vks file). Each page is basically a whole different set of macros you can assign. Right now the software isn't advanced enough to let you copy and paste pages from one macro to another.

But you should be able to download the individual macros you want (vkm files) and build up your pages the way you like and then save that as a viking macro set (vks).

stfillans

I have altered it a bit.

The akimbo pistols are so so, rubbish if you run out on you main, you have no range I prefer extended mags and to keep using the RT

Other than that I use tactical button layout so I have rerouted the B button to the underneath... it is taking some getting used to but it will be amazing

Also download the fast reloads for the guns you use and set them to X

ddebon1

stfillans said:
I have altered it a bit.

The akimbo pistols are so so, rubbish if you run out on you main, you have no range I prefer extended mags and to keep using the RT

Other than that I use tactical button layout so I have rerouted the B button to the underneath... it is taking some getting used to but it will be amazing

Also download the fast reloads for the guns you use and set them to X

I was just going to ask a question about the reloads. Can I add them all to "X" or can I just add the one for the gun that I will be using?

ddebon1

Reload Macros not working

The reload macros are not working for me. I am using the specific reload for the gun I am using, however the reload does not complete itself. Is this a mod-block or is there something wrong.

stfillans

Re: Reload Macros not working

I have found them to work although its only really worth it if your using a LMG.
Are you sure your not using the slight of hand ones when you don't have the slight of hand perk equipped??
A lot of the time it has caused me problems when I have picked up a second gun and it can't reload...

stfillans

As far as I'm aware you have to set it to a page.

Currently I have 5 pages set up to my 5 custom slot pages

All pages have page left and right on the top tac swiches

And on the bottom right tac switches 1 have set one to rapid fire macro (pistols) the other is reassigned to B (knife)

Bottom left tac switch turns the macro for button X (reload) on and off incase I pick up a gun and the reload macro is off

Then the rest of it varies for each class:

On page 1
RT = M16 auto.
Bottom Left Tac turns the RT macro on and off (In case I switch out and want a full auto)
X is a macro set for M16 fast reload

Page 2
RT = Rapid fire
Bottom Left tac switches the RT macro on and off.
X = Fal reload with SOH

Page 3, 4 & 5 just has the X button set to reload for the Stoner, AK74u & Spector.

Hope this helps in some way...

ddebon1

Thank you, it does help. Only problem is the reloads I have downloaded do not seem to work. They do not complete reloading.

odingalt

Staff member
There are a lot of different reload macros... the macro is different whether or not you:

Have sleight of hand on,
Have sleight of hand off,
Have extended mags (this is a rumor I haven't confirmed this yet)

Be sure you are downloading the right one. Typically they are created for sleight of hand off unless they specifically say. You have to check the comments section too.

ddebon1

odingalt said:
There are a lot of different reload macros... the macro is different whether or not you:

Have sleight of hand on,
Have sleight of hand off,
Have extended mags (this is a rumor I haven't confirmed this yet)

Be sure you are downloading the right one. Typically they are created for sleight of hand off unless they specifically say. You have to check the comments section too.

Thanks, I am getting a hang of this now. Would like to find a great M16 rapid (better than 8.9) as well as a dropshot (for autos) that is assigned to the right thumb-stick. I use the tactical button layout. Wish you could cut and copy the timelines from button to button.

That extended mag reload macro would be pretty cool!

stfillans

If your using tactical layout why do you need a dropshot macro for your RS?? Surely you just jam it in when you run into someone?? Unless you mean when you pull RT you fire and dropshot?? Is that what people have set?? really??? That would seem to be a real pain esp if you are clipping someone!!

ddebon1

stfillans said:
If your using tactical layout why do you need a dropshot macro for your RS?? Surely you just jam it in when you run into someone?? Unless you mean when you pull RT you fire and dropshot?? Is that what people have set?? really??? That would seem to be a real pain esp if you are clipping someone!!

I'm sorry I wasn't being clear. I still want the drop shot on the RT3. However when you change your settings to the tactical layout, it re-assigns the crouch to the right-stick. The current drop-shot macro is configured for the "B" button in the default normal layout. If you are using tactical layout, the dropshot macro needs to be configured to use the right-stick when you press RT3.

Hope that made sense.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

ddebon1 said:
stfillans said:

I'm sorry I wasn't being clear. I still want the drop shot on the RT3. However when you change your settings to the tactical layout, it re-assigns the crouch to the right-stick. The current drop-shot macro is configured for the "B" button in the default normal layout. If you are using tactical layout, the dropshot macro needs to be configured to use the right-stick when you press RT3.

Hope that made sense.
or you could still use the "drop shot" macro for the knife then...

ddebon1

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
ddebon1 said:
stfillans said:

Hope that made sense.
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
or you could still use the "drop shot" macro for the knife then...

Not sure what you mean.

I want to keep my knife. All I want is an RT3 dropshot macro that uses the the right thumb-stick instead of the B button.