Tac switch not working correctly

HAWK zer0

Hello I just received my macro controller and after a day of trial and error I have realized that both LT2 & LT3 play back the same exact macro even when I place different macros on the editor itself and program to the controller? The other side works perfectly but this is a bit irritating :( especially when I pay this much for the controller and the controller has some faded paint and some scratches!

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Hello I just received my macro controller and after a day of trial and error I have realized that both LT2 & LT3 play back the same exact macro even when I place different macros on the editor itself and program to the controller? The other side works perfectly but this is a bit irritating :( especially when I pay this much for the controller and the controller has some faded paint and some scratches!

You do have to realize that the controller had to be modified so the scratches and faded paint come with the controller being open/ modified. Also does LT3 work separately if there is no macro on LT2. If so try the reversal way. Try that and tell me what happens.

HAWK zer0

You do have to realize that the controller had to be modified so the scratches and faded paint come with the controller being open/ modified. Also does LT3 work separately if there is no macro on LT2. If so try the reversal way. Try that and tell me what happens.
I bought a refurbished 360 slim and it came with a refurbished controller that was basically brand new and I opened it to install a rapid fire mod but yet not a scratch on it :/ anyway no it still wont work any way possible! If I assign a macro to LT2 and press LT2 or LT3 it it launches the macro regardless if only one tac was assigned the macro. It also happens backwards with LT3 however lets say I install a separate macro to each tac such as dropshot on LT2 and tac knife on LT3 it will try to start both macros at the same time no matter wich one I press? I was thinking maybe the solder is touching the other point but since I cant take a look I will not risk it? BTW: my friend bought one too and when he purchase it on the site it let him choose a 1 year warranty for $20 I wasn't given the option when I bought it or else I would of got it, is there any way I can still get it since I can see where this is going?

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I bought a refurbished 360 slim and it came with a refurbished controller that was basically brand new and I opened it to install a rapid fire mod but yet not a scratch on it :/ anyway no it still wont work any way possible! If I assign a macro to LT2 and press LT2 or LT3 it it launches the macro regardless if only one tac was assigned the macro. It also happens backwards with LT3 however lets say I install a separate macro to each tac such as dropshot on LT2 and tac knife on LT3 it will try to start both macros at the same time no matter wich one I press? I was thinking maybe the solder is touching the other point but since I cant take a look I will not risk it? BTW: my friend bought one too and when he purchase it on the site it let him choose a 1 year warranty for $20 I wasn't given the option when I bought it or else I would of got it, is there any way I can still get it since I can see where this is going?

Im pretty sure you will have some sort of a warranty. You might have to open a support ticket however wait for Odin or Jets to see what they can do for you. Honestly your theory about the solder touching seems right but dont take apart your controller whatever you do DO NOT TAKE IT APART. That will void your warranty. For right now just try not to use those tac switches. Sorry about the controller though man. Mine is fully working and is an awesome controller. Havent ever had a problem with this thing I just love it.

NYjetsNY1

This sounds like user-error. Make sure you are using the newest software found here: www.viking360.com/downloads/theviking/the_viking_setup.exe

Reinstall the software from there to insure that you are using the latest and greatest software. Then try assigning different macros to LT2 and LT3 again, and reprogram the controller.

You have a 3-month warranty from the time you purchase. If this problem still occurs once you reinstall the software, then you should make a support ticket.

HAWK zer0

Im pretty sure you will have some sort of a warranty. You might have to open a support ticket however wait for Odin or Jets to see what they can do for you. Honestly your theory about the solder touching seems right but dont take apart your controller whatever you do DO NOT TAKE IT APART. That will void your warranty. For right now just try not to use those tac switches. Sorry about the controller though man. Mine is fully working and is an awesome controller. Havent ever had a problem with this thing I just love it.
Well I hope something can be done because it was a real hassle to get it XD I moved houses and the one visa I had was not changed for this house and I couldn't change it so my friend had to order it for me and it was just a pain over all but Im glad that he was nice enough to order it with his card and receive it. I gave him the money but I still feel a bit like a burden if he has to go through the whole reorder process again :(

HAWK zer0

This sounds like user-error. Make sure you are using the newest software found here: www.viking360.com/downloads/theviking/the_viking_setup.exe

Reinstall the software from there to insure that you are using the latest and greatest software. Then try assigning different macros to LT2 and LT3 again, and reprogram the controller.

You have a 3-month warranty from the time you purchase. If this problem still occurs once you reinstall the software, then you should make a support ticket.
I already tried it I even tried installing the new firmware on the controller but I still have the same error funny thing is it only happens with these 2 tac switches so Im pretty sure its the soldering or something hardware wise inside the controller and not software? I could be wrong though?

odingalt

Staff member
I was thinking maybe the solder is touching the other point

Your diagnosis sounds fair, I would set aside some time you can live without the controller to have check this issue out at the shop. It could be two legs of the tac switches touching each other or wire/solder touching each other where there are two very small pads on the modchip, where the techs attach the tac switch wires to. If you open up a support ticket using your account on the Viking360.com it helps the techs keep track of who's who when you ship it in. :-(

Sorry that your tac switches were messed up!!! Get ahold of the Viking360 support and get a time scheduled to have the shop fix it up.

HAWK zer0

So now I have to pay for shipping plus tracking or insurance for you to receive it. Then wait for it to arrive with regular shipping when I paid extra for the 3 day shipping? I'm pretty sure those are the basics when they respond saying to ship it back so they may take a look but that doesn't sound right now does it?

Anyways what do I need to ship it with just the controller? Now here`s my biggest concern that house will be vacant in a few days is there any way to change my address to my new house?

NYjetsNY1

So now I have to pay for shipping plus tracking or insurance for you to receive it. Then wait for it to arrive with regular shipping when I paid extra for the 3 day shipping? I'm pretty sure those are the basics when they respond saying to ship it back so they may take a look but that doesn't sound right now does it?

Anyways what do I need to ship it with just the controller? Now here`s my biggest concern that house will be vacant in a few days is there any way to change my address to my new house?

Please ask these questions in the support ticket.