the worst thing happened. please help me

Toymachine363

ok the absolute worst thing happened to me. i have 150 dollar tritton ax720's and they are really messed up. i have to constantly shift around the wire that goes to the controller to make it work. the tip if the wire just broke off in the inside of the headset hole in my 170 dollar sleeper. is there anything i can do to get the controller fixed?? please. is there anyway to get it out or any way that someone can fix it? :cry: i really really need help...

Xx Binno xX

Wow i feel bad for you. You can take it apart but if you do you void the 3 month warranty. if its after 3months then I say go for it. But just be careful

Toymachine363

well i think it probably is. i just submitted a ticket to the support staff so hopefully that will be done. i couldnt care less about the wire i cna just get a new one for like 10 bucks. but i dont wanna take apart the controller because i wouldnt know what to do to get the piece out..

Krier023

Useful Poster
Yeah only real way to fix that is to open it up. odingalt would probably do it, since when you open it up, its a very easy fix. all you have to do is open it and pop the broken piece out of the mic jack

Awfulz

Since it's just the back of the case you'd be taking off, you wouldn't have to mess with the cb or worry about getting tangled with wires. It's really just remove the back of the case - taking a toothpick to the back of the mic port - popping it out, and putting the case back on. I'd check on your warranty first though. Also, don't spend $10 on a cord because when I had my Trittons, they were nice enough to send me a backup set of AV to 3.5MM and 2.5MM to 2.5MM cords, and my original cords weren't even broken. Or just sell them on e-Bay and pick up a nice pair of X41's :) Good luck, sorry for your luck.

Toymachine363

well luckily, since trittons suck, i still had the cord of my ax 180's laying around. i was going to plug it into one of my other 3 non mod controllers to see if it worked (past problems) not paying attention at all i grabbed my sleeper and put the cable in. as soon as i realized that i pulled it out. but nothing blew up... nothing bad happened. so i plugged it back in, and it mustve simply pushed the broken piece into the controller. other than the fact that theres a tiny piece of a jack in my mod... problem solved. i realle dont see this as much of an issue but is there anything that could go wrong with it?

modded matt

that is a loose piece of metal (conductive material) rolling inside the controller, so yes, it could cause a short and fry the controller if it happens to land somewhere critical. If this happens your waranty is void anyway. you dont even have to remove the back now, take out the two screws fromone side, turn the controller side ways and shake it, let gravity work for you.