thoughts on raganrok...

seanviking

Ok i got my ragnarok about a 2-3 weeks ago its a very nice controller everything is tight it feels well build almost as if it has never been taken apart witch is different from some ( i also own an evil and rapid modz and have used my cousins gaming modz a few times) and would have to say one of the most solid i have ever used didnt no what to think when i seen the button lay out/mod changing method but after getting use to it and using it i absolutly love it i can be in game and change modes quickly and efficently depending on my needs there a just a few things i would like to point out and adress incase someone was looking into buying a ragnarok or helping them decide whitch controller to get

1. the quickscoping mode - does just what it is made to do if the left trigger is pulled it will scope in and fire 1 shot off then scope out this is a very good feauture but at this time it is only set for call of duty black ops so you hold your scope in a little to long but i have spoken to obligant and he told me they will be working on changing it so im hoping to see this soon

2. jitter mod - there jitter mod is also and has 4 modes i believe mode 1 yy method if u look down sights it stops shotting mode 2 yy constant so if shooting down sights it keeps firing mode 3 xyy same as mode 1 but xyy method and mode 4 say as mode 2 but in xyy method and this is good and very useful but i wish like the raven and other controllers you could edit speeds of the jitter as i find it will start shotting 1-2 BULLETS and not get a nice clean burst/ rapid fire like other jitters

3. trigger/ tac issue - for some reason if rapid fire or other mode is on it will seem to stop firing as in the right trigger quits working dosent matter what gun auto/simi auto wepon you try to fire it will not shoot for my controller atleast this is an easy fix simply press the tac switch everything returns to normal but this is a problem that accurs very very rarely ive had it 2-3 weeks like i said and it has maybe happened 3 times and i use my controller a good deal so thats really good odds

thats pretty much it these seem to be able to be fixed quick and easy, hope i helped you make up your mind and have fun with your controllers i no youll be satisfied as i no i am

enjoy

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I have an official thread with future update ideas under the Ragnarok and Legacy section of the forums if you want to post some of your ideas there. There will most likely be programmable quickscope delays in the next update as that was a major feature requested by users. I think just about everyone I've talked to that has the Ragnarok has had the same issue you described in you're 3rd point, including myself so that's really something the Viking Team should look into. When I asked odin about it before he really wasn't sure what the issue is, but it seems to be universal. Hopefully they can pinpoint that.

I have kind of noticed what you mean about the jitter issue but I don't play much besides MW3 so I have no use for it right now. So you think there should be adjustable speeds for the jitter? Correct me if I am wrong, but te legacy controller that support jitter can program the speed of the jitter mode? I think that's a cool idea. Post that and exactly what you mean in my thread and I'll add it to the list.

Here's the topic: http://www.vikingforums.com/showthread.php?3837-360-Ragnarok-Driver-Software-Update-Ideas

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, the jitter speeds are not perfect on the PS3 version either, a little sporatic at times... The ADS thing is boss for the G11 on BO though lol.

odingalt

Staff member
No this is just a beta for the trigger issue. I am still working on a driver update for adjustable quickscope, auto spot for BF3, and a couple other small feature additions.

odingalt

Staff member
All issues are now resolved. Issue 2 is solved with improved jitter as of Ragnarok driver v1.5.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Here is a little unknown tip about the ragnarok that a lot of people dont know about. If you like to quick scope with the quick scope mod turned on then u run into the problem of not being able to stay aimed in before u take your shot. Well if you only do about a half trigger pull u can aim in and stay aimed in without it quick scoping on u. Then when your ready to fire just pull the LT all the way back and it will do the quick scope function. I would still learn how to do the half LT trigger pull and use the RT to fire because with the LT there is still the delay time of the quick scope speed. Hope this helps someone out.

Got mine a few days ago andddddd mannnnn I'm in love all over again jitter sg is a beast haven't had a problem besides the kids crying online five thumbs up!!!!