Thumbstick Installation

BradT25

Is there a set of instructions for installing them. I have them aswell, and have just started installing the chip. Would like to just reference where to route the wires and so forth.

BradT25

Cheers Matt, I take it you got your hands on a m2 pcb. I spoke to you briefly about it over at AM the other week.:)

modded matt

here is a pic of mine, http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo142/moddedmatt/Ragnarok Install/2012-01-21115337.jpg

I was not aware they started selling them. see how the circle fits perfectly on the left, but not on the right? I ended up filing the metal casing of the stick back more for a better fit. (if you just dit it with a dremel grinding stone, it will knock the edge off the metal case and allow room for the connectors. Otherwise you will need to modify the thumbstick cap.

Yea, I got the standard black controller from BB with the 2 Duracell batteries, just like fredrow said, and it was M2

OH, by the way, I should be ashamed of myself for helping you jack this thread. If a real mod could split then move this to the DYI section, that would be stellar. IDK I think there are problems with the permission set....

odingalt

Staff member
We included the RGB ring PCB's as a freebie for a few people who ordered the DIY Ragnarok kit for XBOX 360. We won't be offering them for sale until such a time as I am able to re-design and re-produce a different sized ring PCB for XBOX 360. (Well I have one ready but it uses the wrong LED driver IC)

The rings are a perfect fit on a PS3 controller. They are far from perfect fit on the XBOX360 controller, and when we install them we have been cutting out parts off the clear thumbsticks so the thumbsticks don't bump into the microchips on the Ring PCB.

odingalt

Staff member
Oh word of advice, the pads that are labeled "LT and RT". There are three rectangular solder pads in a row. If you connect the center pad to the LT pad, it indicates that it's for left thumbstick. And if you connect the center pad to the RT pad, it indicates it's for the right thumbstick. One each of the Ring PCB's should have the pad connected to one each of the RT or LT pads from the center pad. Hope that makes sense. It basically sets the I2C address bits for the RGB LED drivers so they know if they are supposed to be the left thumbstick or the right thumbstick.

BradT25

I have the pdf file for all the pinouts, but what are the ltac and rtac pads for. In Eniar's picture it does not show them with any wiring attached.

modded matt

ok, since we are still thread jacking,

Please use the diagram, dont look at the picture in the tut. the picture is an incomplete example.

odingalt

Staff member
(RTAC pads are not used). Possibly will be an expansion for a second tac switch (programmable function tac switch). You are lucky to have the DIY chip, if we offer a second programmable tac switch retail it will be an $adder$