To those who have the Viking...

Lynx

Has anybody taken it apart and installed the playstation style sticks in it? I did this with my Odin and it was easy just had to be careful of the back tac button wires. But this seems more difficult with the front buttons and looks like de-soldering it may be the way to go. My controller should be here tomorrow or wednesday and I am debating on doing this.

LoveKillzSlowly

I wouldn't recommend this because once you open the controller you have just voided you warranty. Why is it that you want the PS3 sticks so bad? How 'bout you buy yourself some FPS freeks and/or caps4stix. I use both on all of my controllers.

Caps4Stix:
http://www.bespoke-solutions.net/

FPS Freeks
http://www.kontrolfreek.com/Game-Contro ... -Freek.asp

I use only the FPS Freeks on the right thumbsticks not left and then I use the grips from caps4stix and put them over my left thumbstick and the right one over the FPS Freeks. This helps with comfort when playing MW2, the FPS Freeks work really nice, they improve your accuracy but they don't necessarily make you play better. So if you sucked before then you will probably still suck with them.

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
I wouldn't recommend this because once you open the controller you have just voided you warranty. Why is it that you want the PS3 sticks so bad? How 'bout you buy yourself some FPS freeks and/or caps4stix. I use both on all of my controllers.

Caps4Stix:

FPS Freeks

I use only the FPS Freeks on the right thumbsticks not left and then I use the grips from caps4stix and put them over my left thumbstick and the right one over the FPS Freeks.

Ya I know it voids the warranty. I just hate the microsoft sticks. I was actually checking into the caps4stix and FPS freeks yesterday and thinking I could use those until my warranty expired than i could take it apart. I just dont know if I would like the extra height on the FPS freeks though.

LoveKillzSlowly

I just edited my post but YOU WILL love the FPS Freeks. When I try to play with them off it just doesn't feel right. You only need to use it on the right stick. You have more control with them on and the best sensitivity you can use is 3-4. I personally use 3.

I mainly play Free for all and I love using the FPS Freeks, I win all my games 9 out of 10 with a 344 win streak record(found no one better than me yet). I went 2 months without playing MW2 and the other day I went on for the first time and I easily did good. Without the FPS Freeks it would have taken me a few days to get use to the controls. If my hands aren't comfortable then I don't play as good.

Send me a friend request whenever you're looking to play some Free for all since I started playing again the other day.

Lynx

Ok good deal, I may order me a set of them. I have been looking into them for a few months now but just cant seem to pull the trigger lol.

LoveKillzSlowly

Yeah they do, so you can try getting the ones made for PS3 and see if it gives you more of that PS3 feel to it. They ship from UK but It comes in a envelope. I recently needed to replace the old ones I had about a week ago. I ordered late Thursday night, they shipped Friday and i received them by Monday.

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
Yeah they do, so you can try getting the ones made for PS3 and see if it gives you more of that PS3 feel to it.

I edited my post as I saw they are universal right as you posted it lol. Which ones do you have? I am looking into the Vipr Black.

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
I have the Viper Ultra, which is all black.

Ok good deal I will pick them up lol, you twisted my arm. Amazon has them, and I have Amazon prime so I will order them there I think. Is there any difference in the Vipr Ultra and Vipr Black?

M0N5T3R EN3RGY

yea i put ps3 sticks in mine already when you take it a part just be extreamly careful because the tackbuttons on the front are connected to the chip but its still pretty easy

Lynx

M0N5T3R EN3RGY said:
yea i put ps3 sticks in mine already when you take it a part just be extreamly careful because the tackbuttons on the front are connected to the chip but its still pretty easy

Ok good deal, I was just worried it would be pretty hard if the wires were shorter. I figure if I take my time and more cautiously I should be ok though.

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
Vipr Ultra= gray rubber/black base and Vipr Black= black rubber/black base. Same thing different colors.

Ok good deal... Ill order them when I get my controller :)

LoveKillzSlowly

At the mean time I would wait till your warranty is up before opening first. The dumbest thing anyone can do right now is open their controller because the final build of the software hasn't been released yet and when it does get released and your controller is the only one that doesn't work with the software then you are pretty much screwed if it is hardware related and you won't be able to return it to find out either. I STRONGLY recommend that no one opens their controllers for this particular reason.

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
At the mean time I would wait till your warranty is up before opening first. The dumbest thing anyone can do right now is open their controller because the final build of the software hasn't been released yet and when it does get released and your controller is the only one that doesn't work with the software then you are pretty much screwed if it is hardware related and you won't be able to return it to find out either. I STRONGLY recommend that no one opens their controllers for this particular reason.

Ok I ordered the FPS Freek Vipr Black from Amazon. I was gonna pay the 3.99 for overnight shipping but I just went with the free 2-day shipping since Im not getting my controller until wednesday anyways :)

LoveKillzSlowly

LoveKillzSlowly said:
Vipr Ultra= gray rubber/black base and Vipr Black= black rubber/black base. Same thing different colors.

f*ck dude I had the colors mixed up the Vipr Ultra are the ones that are all black, my bad. I think I might have said this earlier.

EDIT: I didn't see the ultra ones on amazon anyways but i know if you ordered from KontrolFreek's website you can checkout with amazon.

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
LoveKillzSlowly said:

f*ck dude I had the colors mixed up the Vipr Ultra are the ones that are all black, my bad. I think I might have said this earlier.

Its all good, Amazon didnt have the Vipr Ultra only Vipr Blacks.

LoveKillzSlowly said:

Caps4Stix:

FPS Freeks

I use only the FPS Freeks on the right thumb sticks not left and then I use the grips from caps4stix and put them over my left thumb stick and the right one over the FPS Freeks. This helps with comfort when playing MW2, the FPS Freeks work really nice, they improve your accuracy but they don't necessarily make you play better. So if you sucked before then you will probably still suck with them.

Dude Caps4sticks are beast!!! I had a pair of grey ones for my Hammer and it really helped my fingers from slipping off (if that's what your looking for)! All you do is pop them on top of your thumb sticks. I just recently ordered two black pairs for my new macro that I also just ordered in color black! I also purchased a black silicon case for my controller cuz I tend to have pretty sweaty palms for a total non-slip feel, the only thing is that I have to cut holes in the silicon case to have access to the tac switches both back and front but that shouldn't be too hard! I'm really picky with taking care of my stuff especially a $200 controller so the Cap4stick and silicon case should help preserve and keep it in good condition, plus an air foam case for the controller doesn't hurt either lol! Can't wait for my new macro for total noob pwnage hahaha :)

LoveKillzSlowly

Yeah the silicon covers are great but when using them with the caps4stix you have to cut some silicon around where the thumbsticks are because when you are running in MW2 the grips touches the silicon. I only have to do this on the left side because I use my FPS Freeks on the right.

But yeah I use these things to prevent slippage and for most importantly comfort.