Updating software issue

watwat

Hello all, I just have a question about software updates on my PC. Every time I start up the Viking software program on my laptop AFTER I have done any sort of changes in the button settings and successfully transferred that to my controller, I seem to have to download a software update of version 8.7.3. This only started happening recently. Am I missing a step here? Do I need to download some update for the controller as well, in addition to the PC software update?

Thanks for any answers.

odingalt

Staff member
Oops, found a bug on the website. Try running the auto update one more time, this should be the last time. When you're done, should say 0.8.7.4 on it. Thanks.

What happened:

I can load one version of the software into the 'auto download' area. I also have to add a text file that says what version I put as the auto download. Well, the text file said 0.8.7.4. But I accidentally put the actual version 0.8.7.3 as the download. So it would tell you hey you have to download 0.8.7.4 now ok? And then it would download and install 0.8.7.3 and check for new version... and say hey, you can update to 0.8.7.4, do you want to do that now? So you click yes and it downloads 0.8.7.3 again...

Rinse and repeat. Anyway should be fixed now lol.

watwat

Thank you. Hopefully downloaded that update for the last time a couple of minutes ago. =)

The new capabilities for anti-recoil are included in this update, correct?

Thanks again.

odingalt

Staff member
watwat said:
Thank you. Hopefully downloaded that update for the last time a couple of minutes ago. =)

The new capabilities for anti-recoil are included in this update, correct?

Thanks again.

Correct, for your controller to actually playback the anti recoil stuff properly you'll want to manually update the firmware to 0.8.7.3.