Very important feature

NYjetsNY1

I saw this in the datel reprogrammable macro controller.
Button remapping / customizing
Halo reach is very hard to get used to after play COD.
Cod is then very hard to get used to after playing halo.
I would like a universal, 1 control scheme, that I can customize myself to my own likings.
So basicly, I am asking for a way to switch buttons on the controller, so that A = press B. Etc. Depends how I would like it.
I know this might inflict with macroes, but it won't if you have the certain button do something else.
For example.
In Halo Reach, Have LT zoom. This means that LT will actually click the right analog stick.
I don't know all the specifics, but there REALLY needs to be this feature.
Check 0:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEc-6R7tATE

See, button remapping.
I know it is possible, so please allow us to do it.
Thank you very much.

v360Reflex

NYjetsNY1 said:
I would like a universal, 1 control scheme, that I can customize myself to my own likings.
So basicly, I am asking for a way to switch buttons on the controller, so that A = press B. Etc. Depends how I would like it.
I know this might inflict with macroes, but it won't if you have the certain button do something else.
For example.
In Halo Reach, Have LT zoom. This means that LT will actually click the right analog stick.

See, button remapping.
Thank you very much.
pretty sure i herd somewhere on Viking that you can infact Repmap your buttons which you'd customize on the PC in the Programs with the New Viking :) plus that vid on youtube little wildfire 2 controller or w/e rapid fire seems very SH!TY so yeah.. and controller isnt a offical Xbox controller and yeah.. i dont know i still think that Viking's Macro controller can do much more than what that little tiny controller can.. LOL.

LaxWarrior

witrh mircos thats what you can do. that is a mirco. it is all if than statements. IF this dose this then this dose that. I learn this becasue of robictics building i do with micros. so yes it will. WELLL to my knowlegde of a mirco it will

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
For example.

See, button remapping.
Thank you very much.
you can remap the buttons to the tac switches on the back....BUT this takes up macro spaces.

LoveKillzSlowly

That isn't what he was asking, he was asking if you can remap the buttons to another button, for example instead of pressing the right stick in to zoom in halo you can use the left trigger to zoom instead like in call of duty. So you're switching the buttons.

I think this was answered already but I can't really remember if it was this or maybe someone asked if you can use the dpad or any other button to turn on/off macro and it was possible but it would still register that button pressed so if up dpad was to turn rapidfire off/on it would also turn on night vision or whatever.

I have a great question now. Lets say you have an automatic rifle as your primary and a pistol as your secondary wouldn't you be able to just press Y and that would turn on rapidfire and also switch to your secondary pistol at the same time and then when you pressed Y again it would turn rapidfire off and switch back to the automatic?!

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yes and yes. That third party controller can totally remap the buttons because they built the whole thing from the ground up... I don't really think you can get that kind of control from a mod chip. As for the y to change weapons and toggle rapidfire, it was possible even on the raven and hammer, it just wasn't done because then there wouldn't be enough control without all these tac switches. You should be able to do that with the viking.

NYjetsNY1

i believe all of these things can be done odin, how about you add an advanced tab on the macto editor for advanced people who want these things.. and yes please add the dpad to switch macros and the y button etc.etc all good ideas.....

obo

*edit* I actually see that the controller is up for sale right now. I honestly didnt think it would make it to the market based on how it blatently infringes on microsofts wireless technology copywrite.

For purchasers of this controller. BEWARE. Microsoft will no doubt release an update to the xbox360 which will make this controller useless by disabling its ability to connect to the console wirelessly.

NYjetsNY1

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
no you cant remap a button to another stock button.(I.E the LT to LB but you can do LT to TAC switch 1)

Why can't we?
And are you positive you can't?
I remember also odin saying theres a lot of things you can do that he isn't letting us do because it would be too complicated for the common modder. I really really want the ability to press a d-pad button to activate a macro and be able to remap buttons..

odingalt said:
Toggling modes on and off, or scrolling through modes, is limited to the tac switches. (which is why we put six on there)

We did this to help avoid confusion. If we let you use the d-pad up to toggle modes, when you hit d-pad up, it wouldn't only toggle the jitter mode on and off, the d-pad up is still transmitted from your controller to the game. So if d-pad up does something in the game, it would still do that too.

You can program other 'always on' macros to the d-pad and the other stock buttons, but the toggling on and off is limited to the tac switches.

What if the d-pad does nothing? Idk I really want to be able to do button remapping.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
no you cant remap a button to another stock button.(I.E the LT to LB but you can do LT to TAC switch 1)

Why can't we?
I remember also odin saying theres a lot of things you can do that he isn't letting us do because it would be too complicated for the common modder. I really really want the ability to press a d-pad button to activate a macro and be able to remap buttons..

odingalt said:
Toggling modes on and off, or scrolling through modes, is limited to the tac switches. (which is why we put six on there)

We did this to help avoid confusion. If we let you use the d-pad up to toggle modes, when you hit d-pad up, it wouldn't only toggle the jitter mode on and off, the d-pad up is still transmitted from your controller to the game. So if d-pad up does something in the game, it would still do that too.

You can program other 'always on' macros to the d-pad and the other stock buttons, but the toggling on and off is limited to the tac switches.

What if the d-pad does nothing? Idk I really want to be able to do button remapping.
you cant remap a stock button to a stock buton(where does that function go then too?) and yes im 100000% sure

NYjetsNY1

Well if we could have macro activations on buttons, we could have the macro on button A to press button B. That would work, yes? Then we need more pages + the ability to do this, which, odin said he wasn't going to allow because it is too complicated, but It really would be so good for me...

EDIT: ok well if it is possible, I'd really really like to be able to do button remapping, hopefully odin can do it but if not, :(

obo

NYjetsNY1 said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:

Why can't we?

odingalt said:

NYjets, you're not understanding how the controller works. When you press a button on your controller, a signal gets sent to both the controller's motherboard, and the mod chip's motherboard. If you tried to remap a button by say, assigning the left trigger to zooming in halo, here's what would happen.

1-User presses left trigger
2-controller zooms in, but also performs the function that the button is normally used for in the game as well. These things would both happen at the same time and therefore cause problems.

The reason that buttons can be remapped to the tactile switches is because when a tact switch is pressed, it's not wired up to the controller. It's just wired up to the mod chip. When the tact switch is pressed then in this situation, it would send a signal to the mod chip, and then the mod chip would send a signal to the controller.

I hope that gives you a better example of why the mod chip can't remap buttons unless it remaps them to the tactile switches.

NYjetsNY1

I get it now. Too bad :( it's really annoying going from halo to COD. Theres gotta be something... but idk. Oh well...

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well you could buy one of those controllers. They can do that because the "mod chip" is actually part of the controller it's self.

obo

PS3andCOD said:
Well you could buy one of those controllers. They can do that because the "mod chip" is actually part of the controller it's self.
Ten bucks that microsoft blocks them with an update sometime soon though...

LoveKillzSlowly

I honestly don't think they'll block it since I haven't seen any blocked controllers yet on the Xbox 360 and technically I don't think Microsoft can do it without disabling RF. Not only that but you do not need a USB dongle for it to work wireless like on PS3. Sony specifies that only third-party controllers which were unlicensed with the company and worked via a USB dongle have been blocked. Sony claims that unlicensed third-party PS3 controllers were extremely dangerous because they could ignite or explode, resulting in injury or damage to the user, your PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, or other property.
These companies are not against 3rd party stuff at all, they are against 3rd party stuff that has not been licensed or approved by Microsoft/Sony.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

LoveKillzSlowly said:
I honestly don't think they'll block it since I haven't seen any blocked controllers yet on the Xbox 360 and technically I don't think Microsoft can do it without disabling RF. Not only that but you do not need a USB dongle for it to work wireless like on PS3. Sony specifies that only third-party controllers which were unlicensed with the company and worked via a USB dongle have been blocked. Sony claims that unlicensed third-party PS3 controllers were extremely dangerous because they could ignite or explode, resulting in injury or damage to the user, your PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, or other property.
These companies are not against 3rd party stuff at all, they are against 3rd party stuff that has not been licensed or approved by Microsoft/Sony.
exactly because sony/microsoft want to make a profit off of it.

odingalt

Staff member
obo said:
*edit* I actually see that the controller is up for sale right now. I honestly didnt think it would make it to the market based on how it blatently infringes on microsofts wireless technology copywrite.

For purchasers of this controller. BEWARE. Microsoft will no doubt release an update to the xbox360 which will make this controller useless by disabling its ability to connect to the console wirelessly.

Obo.

No, we are not infringing on any copyright or patents.

No, Microsoft will not be able to release a magic XBOX Live update that will disable modded controllers.