Very important feature

odingalt

Staff member
NYjetsNY1 said:
i believe all of these things can be done odin, how about you add an advanced tab on the macto editor for advanced people who want these things.. and yes please add the dpad to switch macros and the y button etc.etc all good ideas.....

Can't be done with this modchip.

odingalt

Staff member
NYjetsNY1 said:
Well if we could have macro activations on buttons, we could have the macro on button A to press button B. That would work, yes? Then we need more pages + the ability to do this, which, odin said he wasn't going to allow because it is too complicated, but It really would be so good for me...

EDIT: ok well if it is possible, I'd really really like to be able to do button remapping, hopefully odin can do it but if not, :(

Yes, this would work. The problem is your in-game character will see both the button A press as well as the button B press. Since you had to hit button A in order to play the macro that also plays back button B.

obo

odingalt said:
obo said:
*edit* I actually see that the controller is up for sale right now. I honestly didnt think it would make it to the market based on how it blatently infringes on microsofts wireless technology copywrite.

For purchasers of this controller. BEWARE. Microsoft will no doubt release an update to the xbox360 which will make this controller useless by disabling its ability to connect to the console wirelessly.

Obo.

No, we are not infringing on any copyright or patents.

No, Microsoft will not be able to release a magic XBOX Live update that will disable modded controllers.
NO NO NO! I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT "THE VIKING" Sorry, you got the completely wrong idea there. I was talking about the 50$ Datel controller that this topic was started over. That controller infringes on microsofts wireless technology copywright.

The viking is still completely legal lol. Sorry for the mis-understanding.

LoveKillzSlowly

I was just about to post that you were talking about Datel's controller, not the viking.

(OFF TOPIC)You can buy this controller now on Amazon and we WILL see this in stores soon, Datel makes game system accessories that sell in Walmart, Best Buy and Target stores. Remember this is the company that released non-licensed memory cards and then decided to sue Microsoft because MS disabled the use of non-licensed memory card units back in November of 2009.

Why do you think MS all of a sudden decided to add USB storage support for the Xbox 360?
The question, of course, is why? I doubt we'll ever hear an official explanation, but my best guess is that this has something to do with Datel's antitrust lawsuit against Microsoft. Until last November, Datel sold unofficial memory cards, which stored more data at a better cost-per-megabyte than Microsoft's official products. Microsoft banned unauthorized storage products from the Xbox 360, and Datel claimed the console maker was being anticompetitive.

Maybe it's wacky to assume that Datel's lawsuit has anything to do with this, but the addition of USB storage would certainly take a bite out of Datel's argument.
In April 2010 Microsoft ends up suing Datel over controller design(Wildfire & Turbofire) because the controller looked identical to Microsoft's controllers, lawsuit was later dropped in August I believe. The new controller we are discussing is not that different from their other controllers so why wouldn't it hit the market?

These are the controllers Microsoft were suing over back in April. (Wildfire & Turbofire)
2011504144.jpg

And this is the new controller now.(Turbofire 2)
41Os0Cp7TBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Personally I wouldn't waste $50 to buy this controller neither would I ever use it if given to me as a gift. It doesn't look like it's on the same level as The Viking when it comes to rapidfire/macros. My bad I know I got off topic just a tad bit.

LoveKillzSlowly

odingalt said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
Well if we could have macro activations on buttons, we could have the macro on button A to press button B. That would work, yes? Then we need more pages + the ability to do this, which, odin said he wasn't going to allow because it is too complicated, but It really would be so good for me...

EDIT: ok well if it is possible, I'd really really like to be able to do button remapping, hopefully odin can do it but if not, :(

Yes, this would work. The problem is your in-game character will see both the button A press as well as the button B press. Since you had to hit button A in order to play the macro that also plays back button B.
This would be a great feature to add. This is what I asked earlier if you didn't read it
I have a great question now. Lets say you have an automatic rifle as your primary and a pistol as your secondary wouldn't you be able to just press Y and that would turn on rapidfire and also switch to your secondary pistol at the same time and then when you pressed Y again it would turn rapidfire off and switch back to the automatic?!
This would eliminate the need of having to press a tact button every time and would only need to be pressed once. This way people don't forget to press the tact button and would be faster. By your reply to him you are saying it's possible, correct?

odingalt

Staff member
Interesting. Well on a related note I basically disabled the macros from being able to turn on other macros or run other macros. Example:

You assign jitter mod to the right trigger, and you assign fast reload to the X button. When you pull the right trigger, it also presses x, y, y for you in sequence (this is the jitter mod). However when the mod presses X, it detects that too, and start playing the fast reload (even though you didn't want it).

It's this example above why we made it so that one macro can't call another macro.

As far as toggling modes and swapping weapons at the same time, I wonder if what we could do is allow macros to call on the tac switches at least. In other words your Y button would play a macro that calls for the left tac 2, and your left tac 2 would be set as the rapidfire toggle button.

The problem is sooner or later (when your guy dies) you'll be 'out of sequence'. I.e. you start out with rapidfire off and you're on primary rifle. Then you hit Y, switch to secondary rifle and rapidfire turns on. Then you die. Now you respawn with rapidfire on and your primary rifle out...

LoveKillzSlowly

Hopefully we can see this soon because It would be a neat feature to have and I'm sure you can find a way to make it work I don't mind having to re-enable it while we wait to spawn because It still beats having to press a button every time to turn rapidfire on/off when we are using an automatic weapon as primary and pistols as secondary.

EDIT: or you can quickly press Y right before you spawn if you died with rapidfire on, that would simply work or you could press start and then press Y if you were not fast enough to press Y before respawning because when you press start it only brings you to the weapon selection menu :)

Another idea would be to have 2 different speeds for 2 different guns carried at the same time.I have a semi-automatic sniper rifle and then i have pistols. The sniper rifle will have a speed of 7sps and whilst the pistols would have something like 9sps. If you die with pistols just make sure to press Y before you spawn and of course the lights can always indicate what speed you are on so you never get confused.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
odingalt said:
Interesting. Well on a related note I basically disabled the macros from being able to turn on other macros or run other macros. Example:

You assign jitter mod to the right trigger, and you assign fast reload to the X button. When you pull the right trigger, it also presses x, y, y for you in sequence (this is the jitter mod). However when the mod presses X, it detects that too, and start playing the fast reload (even though you didn't want it).

It's this example above why we made it so that one macro can't call another macro.

As far as toggling modes and swapping weapons at the same time, I wonder if what we could do is allow macros to call on the tac switches at least. In other words your Y button would play a macro that calls for the left tac 2, and your left tac 2 would be set as the rapidfire toggle button.

The problem is sooner or later (when your guy dies) you'll be 'out of sequence'. I.e. you start out with rapidfire off and you're on primary rifle. Then you hit Y, switch to secondary rifle and rapidfire turns on. Then you die. Now you respawn with rapidfire on and your primary rifle out...
Calling the tac would solve that... If you die with rapidfire on just hit the tac its self.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
obo said:
*edit* I actually see that the controller is up for sale right now. I honestly didnt think it would make it to the market based on how it blatently infringes on microsofts wireless technology copywrite.

For purchasers of this controller. BEWARE. Microsoft will no doubt release an update to the xbox360 which will make this controller useless by disabling its ability to connect to the console wirelessly.

Obo.

No, we are not infringing on any copyright or patents.

No, Microsoft will not be able to release a magic XBOX Live update that will disable modded controllers.
exactly its not possible because its a peripheral not on the Xbox itself so a firmware update to xbl wont do anything to the controller. however an update to the controller design would affect future controllers

v360Reflex

so... sorry off topic but did they sue WildFire and TurboFire?? or w/e there called? or not.. hopefully they did :) lol but true the controller does look bad.. and i'd never use it over my Viking :( i wasnt home to sign for it so its coming back on Friday :( oh well get it then :) SERPENT BLACK :)

please check out my youtube channel guys! i'd really appreciate it