Viking 360 Kit

The Legend

I just have a few questions.
When you puchase the kit does it come with the wires for installation? If it dont what type of wire is it?> 30AWG

Also is it possible for the chip to be installed as Tyr's Hand,Thor's Hammer, or Odin's Raven or is it for just one set up?
I just purchased-ordered a kit and wanted a heads up.
Thanx

IrishStyle

The Legend said:
I just have a few questions.
When you puchase the kit does it come with the wires for installation? If it dont what type of wire is it?> 30AWG

Also is it possible for the chip to be installed as Tyr's Hand,Thor's Hammer, or Odin's Raven or is it for just one set up?
I just purchased-ordered a kit and wanted a heads up.
Thanx

Not sure what comes with the kit....but you should use 30awg for the install.....It can be installed as all 3 models...Tyr's hand is a matrix board install and does not support all the glitches that the hammer and raven have due to the CG board they have. I would suggest a Raven install with the 3.5mm jack so that you keep the functionality of the PNC while playing.

Tick

Can or does the Sync Button take place of the Tact Buttons (i guess it is different for each setup)? Are there photos of the Tact button placement and wireing?

IrishStyle

Tick said:
Can or does the Sync Button take place of the Tact Buttons (i guess it is different for each setup)? Are there photos of the Tact button placement and wireing?

They are two different install instructions....If you install as a Hammer the sync wiring will be shown in the install pics....If you install as raven you will need to figure out the mounting of the tacts yourself(Drilling Locations) but the wiring will be shown....And yes the sync takes place of the tact and vice versa.

The Legend

I downloaded the "Sleeper" and "Duo" installation pics and i dont see the tacticle buttons included in any.
It does show the pinout on the 3.5mm jack but no tacticle buttons, is there another instruction guide or i just missed it?
This is not to get anyone confused.
On the chip pictures it does point where the tacticle switches go, left tact. & right tact. but there is no picture indicating what is the solder point o the switch.
I know this is something we can figure out, I would appreciate if you make it easier on us.
Thanx in Advance

IrishStyle

The Legend said:
I downloaded the "Sleeper" and "Duo" installation pics and i dont see the tacticle buttons included in any.
It does show the pinout on the 3.5mm jack but no tacticle buttons, is there another instruction guide or i just missed it?
This is not to get anyone confused.
On the chip pictures it does point where the tacticle switches go, left tact. & right tact. but there is no picture indicating what is the solder point o the switch.
I know this is something we can figure out, I would appreciate if you make it easier on us.
Thanx in Advance

If you are going to use tact switches then you would follow the Duo installation guide. Follow the pinout it shows and here is a pic of the tact switch installation.
Sorry for the large pic...but couldn't resize it lol
Edit: You can use the same ground the chip uses for the tact's....Its the bottom pin underneath the middle trigger pin(right)

VIKINGDUO-35mmjackandtactileswitchd.jpg

Tick

Is there any advantage to using Tact buttons as to using the sync button or is it just personal preference?

Thanks TC

edgar

Tick said:
Is there any advantage to using Tact buttons as to using the sync button or is it just personal preference?

Thanks TC
is faster to change rapid fire modes....etc its betterrrrrr

Tick

Thanks you guys have been a great help , I hope you guys are still around when I receive my chip , I think I am going to need more help LOL
Thanks again
TC

The Legend

I just wanted to bring this up, the solder point on the middle sync button can be a pain and complicated. :idea:
I just wanted to share a diffrent point to make it easier on the installment of your mod.
This alternative would be located behind the board. This is for a CG1 board.
Thanx, hope it helps.

The Legend

I recieve my viking 360 mod chip today and started working on it.
I followed the instructions step by step on the installation pictures for a Duo with the 3.5mm jack.
I was ready to test this baby out, i press the right tactical button powered it on and the 1st and 2nd led light came on.
Opened the booloader connnected the plug on the usb port and plugged it in.
The the 1st and 2nd led light continued blincking but nothing happend, disconnected it and did the set up again but this time i inserted the plug in slowly.
With no luck i opened the controller up, checked every soldering point and OHM the cables to varify i did not have a brocken one.
I tested my usb port by inserting a flash drive, read it with no problems.
I switched the D+ and D- to see if that would make a diffrence and got no results. :oops:
So i went to the next option, i removed the 3.5mm jack and went for the PNC installation.
I severed the two traces indicated on the installation pictures, soldered the D+ and D- in the location shown on the pictures.
So i was done with the PNC installation and was ready to give it a shot. I opened the bootloader plugged my usb charger to my pc.
Pressed the tactical button, powered my controller and the 1st and 2nd leds are the only ones blinking.
Plugged the charger on the controller the controller shut off like it was suppose too but my pc is not detecting it.
Can i trouble shoot the mod by leaving the "Ground, Power, Tactical switches and D+ and D- connected? :(

IrishStyle

The Legend said:
I recieve my viking 360 mod chip today and started working on it.
I followed the instructions step by step on the installation pictures for a Duo with the 3.5mm jack.
I was ready to test this baby out, i press the right tactical button powered it on and the 1st and 2nd led light came on.
Opened the booloader connnected the plug on the usb port and plugged it in.
The the 1st and 2nd led light continued blincking but nothing happend, disconnected it and did the set up again but this time i inserted the plug in slowly.
With no luck i opened the controller up, checked every soldering point and OHM the cables to varify i did not have a brocken one.
I tested my usb port by inserting a flash drive, read it with no problems.
I switched the D+ and D- to see if that would make a diffrence and got no results. :oops:
So i went to the next option, i removed the 3.5mm jack and went for the PNC installation.
I severed the two traces indicated on the installation pictures, soldered the D+ and D- in the location shown on the pictures.
So i was done with the PNC installation and was ready to give it a shot. I opened the bootloader plugged my usb charger to my pc.
Pressed the tactical button, powered my controller and the 1st and 2nd leds are the only ones blinking.
Plugged the charger on the controller the controller shut off like it was suppose too but my pc is not detecting it.
Can i trouble shoot the mod by leaving the "Ground, Power, Tactical switches and D+ and D- connected? :(

Do you have HID loader open first(the second time).....The 1 and 2 led lit up indicate it is in bootloader mode....also try disconnecting power from your xbox when trying to load it.
Yes you can troubleshoot that way. But before you do that Check all your soldering points and try to load the button test code. Here is a link to the error codes so you can debug the controller. It will help you narrow down your problem.

Edit: Make sure your ground is good for the jack and the pnc...whichever you have now....Also on the instructions pay attention the the crossover of the wires in the pics for the pnc option.

Viking Button Test Error Codes

Fredrow

The Legend said:
I just wanted to bring this up, the solder point on the middle sync button can be a pain and complicated. :idea:
I just wanted to share a diffrent point to make it easier on the installment of your mod.
This alternative would be located behind the board. This is for a CG1 board.
Thanx, hope it helps.

That's old news....lol. :eek: ........ I'm glad someone else found that out too and was able to share it. Also for the CG2 the sync connected is in the same place kind of (if I ever get some time I will post a pic)

Also here is one big helping tip: So remove the solder mask (green coating stuff) I use 220 grit sandpaper. Doing it this way makes it so you can solder right to the VIA hole. It works so nice.....