Viking Software Error

simvida

I updated the Viking Software to 0.8.7.4 and the controller software to 0.8.7.3 and I tried to export the attached file to the program and received an unhandled exception error and the program shut down. I tried to import from my controller and the same error. Please review and advise. I also downgraded the Viking Software back to 0.8.7.3 and it worked. I was trying to change a direction on left stick on 0.8.7.3 and the program kept erasing the move. That is why I updated the software.

NYjetsNY1

simvida said:
I updated the Viking Software to 0.8.7.4 and the controller software to 0.8.7.3 and I tried to export the attached file to the program and received an unhandled exception error and the program shut down. I tried to import from my controller and the same error. Please review and advise. I also downgraded the Viking Software back to 0.8.7.3 and it worked. I was trying to change a direction on left stick on 0.8.7.3 and the program kept erasing the move. That is why I updated the software.

Yes there is a problem with 0.8.7.4 with large / old .vks files.

Please use this one:
http://www.viking360.com/downloads/thev ... _setup.exe

There is no question here. What do you want revised / advised?

odingalt said:
Just manually downgrade to 0.8.7.3 for the time being, and you'll be able to open your .VKS. Don't take the update when the software asks you if it can download the new update as it will pop you back up to 0.8.7.4

http://www.viking360.com/downloads/thev ... _setup.exe

simvida

The request was to see if I had done something wrong or if the version had a bug.

No question - Problem solved for now

Thank you

NYjetsNY1

simvida said:

The request was to see if I had done something wrong or if the version had a bug.

No question - Problem solved for now

Thank you

Glad to have solved your problem.

odingalt

Staff member
Good bug report. 0.8.7.5 is out now that addresses the problem. I'm uploading 0.8.7.5 to the main website right now.