Viking software Problem - Need your Help !

uXlider

Hi,

i`ve just got my Viking today.

Update to lastet Software etc. worked without any problems.

But now im stuck in Viking Software.

My goal is just to record some macros edit them and place them to specific tact switches.

First problem is if i want to set the "Macro Record" i.e. to LT 2 i have to choose RT2 ... so it`s not logical to me.
Second Problem if i want to set the "Toggle Macro" to LT1 and "Save Macro" to RT1 i can`t set them and the dropdown menu is empty.
And i can`t choose any Buttons or LED-Indicators :(

Can someone help me please ?
What im doing wrong ?

Here is a short video of my problem

http://depositfiles.com/files/obznqpcv6

*edit_1*

just found the next problem.
when i open a recorded macro in time line editor it says "vkm file is displayed with errors" and there are some analog stick inputs i`ve never made :(
is it possible to run a button test code like the legacy controllers ?
maybe it`s caused due a bad chip install ?

*edit_2*

next problem.
just made a simple macro.

hold LB for 1sec. wait 0.4 sec. press LB

sometimes the macro work and sometimes the second press after 0.4 second won`t work.

this controller is annoying me !!!

odingalt

Staff member
When you select a button to record a macro, you have to be able to play the macro back... so it asks you to select a macro playback button as well, when you assign a macro record button. In your video I see LT2 assigned as the "Start/Stop Record Macro", and I see RT2 as the "Recorded Macro Playback". Not sure where your confusion is here.

When you select toggle a macro, your problem here is that you haven't assigned any macros. You need to assign a macro to a button (any macro to any button), and then the dropdown for macro toggle button will be available.

Can you upload your simple macro (or attach it here to your post in the forums) so we can take a look at it?

uXlider

odingalt said:
When you select a button to record a macro, you have to be able to play the macro back... so it asks you to select a macro playback button as well, when you assign a macro record button. In your video I see LT2 assigned as the "Start/Stop Record Macro", and I see RT2 as the "Recorded Macro Playback". Not sure where your confusion is here.

When you select toggle a macro, your problem here is that you haven't assigned any macros. You need to assign a macro to a button (any macro to any button), and then the dropdown for macro toggle button will be available.

it`s fine.

odingalt said:
Can you upload your simple macro (or attach it here to your post in the forums) so we can take a look at it?

here it is

when i open a recorded macro in time line editor it says "vkm file is displayed with errors" and there are some analog stick inputs i`ve never made :(
is it possible to run a button test code like the legacy controllers ?
maybe it`s caused due a bad chip install ?

the recorded macro works fine, but why does this error happen ?
and why are there inputs i`ve never made ?

odingalt

Staff member
In your macro this would press LBUMP only once. The other dot is too short for the console to recognize. You should extend out the second dot if your intention is two LB presses...

Unless your intention is to loop an LB press? Then it would look different again. Let me know what you want (whether you just want to LB presses, or if you want LB looping) and I'll draw it up for you and post it here.

In the .VKM you sent I don't see the extra presses would it be possible to post the .VKS that contains the recorded macro for us to look at?

uXlider

ah ok so that is the reason why it works only sometimes ?
if so i will extend the second lb press and test it later.

if a loop is also possible please make an example, thanks.

can you also give me a solution for this problem ""vkm file is displayed with errors"" ?

many thanks !

odingalt

Staff member
You need to post the .VKS that gives you that error here (attach it to your post) so I can look.

uXlider

I got everything working, but still gave up on this project because the viking isn`t accurate enough.
For this project the controller should repeat the macros extremly accurate, but that`s not possible for "my" or "the" controller now.
There are some delays about 0,01-0,1 sec. (don`t know exactly) and that is too much for this project i think, so i can`t get this to work properly.
Maybe you can tweak the software to be more accurate ?
Odingalt have you ever measured the timings ?
Is it a general "problem" or a install "problem" (too long wires, solder etc.) ?

uXlider

so it`s no secret ...
i want to make some combo macros for pinball fx2.
nothing special but extremely precise.

the vks i use is the mw2 one and the last page for my project.
the macro included on last page is for nightmare mansion table (not my favourite table ... just to test).
you have to hold the ball with the left trigger than press the macro toggle and
it should shoot into the trees.
sometimes it works perfect .. sometimes not.
that`s the reason why i think it`s a timing problem.
because the initial situation is always the same (hold ball with left trigger).

if someone have a viking and pinball fx 2 ... please make some tests for me.
(first you have to change controller settings in game to LB+RB instead LT+RT)
so i know if it`s a general problem or just my controller isn`t accurate enough.

thanks !

odingalt

Staff member
uXlider said:
I got everything working, but still gave up on this project because the viking isn`t accurate enough.
For this project the controller should repeat the macros extremly accurate, but that`s not possible for "my" or "the" controller now.
There are some delays about 0,01-0,1 sec. (don`t know exactly) and that is too much for this project i think, so i can`t get this to work properly.
Maybe you can tweak the software to be more accurate ?
Odingalt have you ever measured the timings ?
Is it a general "problem" or a install "problem" (too long wires, solder etc.) ?

Yes, my timings are dead on. If you create a macro that blinks the LED once per second for a couple of minutes, and then compare that to a clock or a stopwatch, they are dead one. If you want to hook it up to an oscilloscope, you'll see the same thing on a micro scale.

Ok I am looking at the .VKS you posted, which macro do you want me to check out? I looked at the recorded slot on page 5 but it's empty. So far I hear a lot of complaining but not a lot of details, can you tell me which macro I should be looking at, I can try to help you out but you are being pretty vague at the moment.

uXlider

why vague ?

is it so complicated to understand what my problem is ?
ok maybe for you because of my poor english, sorry for that.

i`ve just opened the vks again, and the macro is still there.

please get pinball fx2 and test it by yourself.

the macro is just a double shoot at the trees and should work fine ... should but it does not.
try yourself the first shot will hit the ramp exactly and maybe the second one again (combo).
but they don`t work constant. even the first shot doesn`t work always.
so i think it`s a matter of timing.

here a video to show that the vks is OK.

http://www.2shared.com/file/AvcRcOAa/mw_extra.html

odingalt

Staff member
I use something very similar for Madden for perfect field goal, the timing need to be right each time, this seems to work ok, I kick 30 field goals in a row :-x (this is on all-madden difficulty)