VikingFlash Beta version 0.9 dated 3/6/2010

kristianz1

The new .exe file is still non functional version, right?

For me "the look" is not important at all. Its whats in it that counts :) !

So for me, i will be quiet till the working beta version is up and go :) !

odingalt

Staff member
I decided in a hurry to also release new flashing tool - so customers can realize the new GamerMods is nothing more than hidbootloader.exe with pretty labels :). VikingFlash should be fully functional, give it a try. It has the same function as hidbootloader.exe. Give VikingFlash a try if you are bored and let me know if there are more improvement ideas you have there.

The Viking360 Preset/Hex editor is another tool, this is the one we are all wayting for :) Unfortunately the Preset Editor is not funcitonal yet. How it will work:

1.) you will program your controller once with the 'primer' code, using VikingFlash. It will be called something like "Primer - Thor's Hammer.hex".
2.) you will open the Viking360 Preset Editor and choose all the custom options you want. It will save a .hex file. This .hex file can be shared with friends. The .hex file will be called something like "My Favorite Preset File.hex"
3.) you will program the "My Favorite Preset File.hex" using VikingFlash. This .hex file adds itself 'on top of' the Primer that is already there.

Viola, your controller will now have the exact preset setup of your choosing. The idea is that you will only flash your controller with the Primer.hex one time. Then you can reflash it as many times as you want with your favorite preset files.

kristianz1

Oki. I tested it now :) ! Works smoother and faster than the hidbootloader. Also more friendly for all i think.

Do you have too reset controller after you have programmed it, before you remove the device?

odingalt

Staff member
No, no need to reset, you can just yank the cable out so long as it says it's done programming. I was thinking about eliminating the reset button, too, but left it there for now.

Ben

Also, what would be good if you could change the icon(s) of the file? So it would look nice on my desktop and in the taskbar on windows 7 ;)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I know you can change the icon of anything to match the icon of anything else on your PC, but you should make a viking icon. Unfortunatly, I'm not really sure on how to do that...

PS3andCOD

Contributor
It won't let me change the icon on the program either, but it's probably something to do with copyrights and stuff. Odingalt will just have to do it.

odingalt

Staff member
Right here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=672

This is a minor update for looks. The real software everybody is waiting for is the Viking HEX Editor :) aka Viking GUI or aka Viking Preset Editor. We'll definitely have to name it before the final version release.

kristianz1

odingalt said:
Right here: http://www.viking360.com/forums/viewtop ... f=35&t=672

This is a minor update for looks. The real software everybody is waiting for is the Viking HEX Editor :) aka Viking GUI or aka Viking Preset Editor. We'll definitely have to name it before the final version release.

If you need a name, there is no doubt! the Norwegian Vikings with Odin and Thor, did always party after a great war, and raiding in a place called: VALHALL!

Thats what you need the name too be: Viking Valhall Editor.

It means Viking members warrior party! Odin and Thor will be proud of you OD :) !

odingalt

Staff member
Valhalla is reserved for the next mod chip (if we ever get it out, ETA: we're already 6 months behind schedule on that one)

kristianz1

odingalt said:
Valhalla is reserved for the next mod chip (if we ever get it out, ETA: we're already 6 months behind schedule on that one)

:? So that means 6 months till the beta version is ready? :lol: I hope not!

Glocks

On the Hex editor you cant make a code with the on and off tact switch on both sides. When you try to programe a custom speed it wont save the file also.