VikingFlash v0.9b

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristianz1

I cant open the VikingFlash v0.9b!

I download it, extract it, but when open i get error message.

Its in Norwegain, but something with configuration error.

Edit: Here is the error message in english: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.

Ben

You need to extract it out of the winrar file, so drag it to desktop then use it.

Itz CHARLEY

Ben. said:
You need to extract it out of the winrar file, so drag it to desktop then use it.
tried that myself still doesn't work. I sent a message to odin but he hasn't been on since 4 AM.

Itz CHARLEY

When I tried to open the file from my desktop, I got a message saying
C:/Users/Charles/Desktop/VkingFlash.exe

The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more information.
Do you all have the same message as well?

kristianz1

Itz CHARLEY said:
When I tried to open the file from my desktop, I got a message saying
C:/Users/Charles/Desktop/VkingFlash.exe

The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more information.
Do you all have the same message as well?

yes, exactly! Runs Vista*64 bit.

zackwg23

I just downloaded it and mine seems to be working flawlessly,

Im on Vista Home Premium 32-Bit in case your curious :D

odingalt

Staff member
Hey guys,

Which o/s are you using? (if it works or don't work let me know) I tried this on Windows XP and on Windows 7 and seems to be working well, I will do some research. I guess that's why it's a beta lol. Thanks for coming in and posting. Was too busy dealing with web f**** up today, will look at this software again tomorrow.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I think I know the problem. Nobody had problem with .9 and .9a. Then, I took some service pack updates for security reasons. Well I believe that I am compiling the new .exe and it is referring to a windows service pack update that some of you do not have (not like the full service pack update but a runtime library service pack). In any case, what this means is I just need to go back into the compiler and tell it to use an older version of the library, one that most people do have on their computer.

I'll take care of this tomorrow and will have 0.9c up. I love the new look sorry some you guys weren't able to look at it yet :)

odingalt

Staff member
Here is a new test version 0.9c

It may take me awhile to get this right. If some of you guys who got the error message before, could try running this now, also let me know which o/s you are on.

Fredrow

Have you guy's tried, right clicking on the (Application (.exe)) and then running it as administration??

Status
Not open for further replies.