VikingFlash v0.9b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itz CHARLEY

Chipflyby said:
I used it today and worked perfectly. Easier and less steps. Like it! Running Vista 32bit.
Fix'd
Thats weird, everyone says 32 works fine but thats what i have and the program is still being ignorant of my software. I hate this tiny computer.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Ok just to clear some things up and ask a question to other people running vista 64bit...what serivce pack are you running? I am currently running SP1 but I'm planning on upgrading to SP2 so I can use my new dazzle cap card. Is it possibly the SP that won't let vikingflash v0.9b run for you?

kristianz1

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Ok just to clear some things up and ask a question to other people running vista 64bit...what serivce pack are you running? I am currently running SP1 but I'm planning on upgrading to SP2 so I can use my new dazzle cap card. Is it possibly the SP that won't let vikingflash v0.9b run for you?

I run SP2, so maybe that is the answere too the problem. Any easy way uninstall SP2?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

kristianz1 said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:

I run SP2, so maybe that is the answere too the problem. Any easy way uninstall SP2?
Did you buy vista before the relese of SP2? Do you have the vista disk itself? Do you have a backup disc? You could re-install windows that's the only way I could see reverting back to SP1..but I personnaly do not recommend going back to sp1 because od could fix it and then you would need to re-install SP2 and SP2 makes vista a whole lot more stable from what I hear.. Also I don't even use Viking flash I still use HIDbootloder.exe lol

odingalt

Staff member
Hi folks,

I'm going to lock this thread for now, thank you very very much for all of your input and trying to help out your fellow users. I will take all of this information and will be working on a new recompile. It's evident that the new Viking Flash is not as widely compatible as hidbootloader.exe, so we will work to make it more widely compatible in the next release.

It has to do with Visual Studio redistribution as well as .NET framework redistribution. If you can't get the .09 beta to work but you really want to try it, it may work for you if you install the Visual c++ redistributable package from microsoft here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Status
Not open for further replies.