What are you doing??

Snuffy

Viking, I have purchased 3 (actually 4) controllers from you. The first was a Xbox 360 "programmable" USB controller.....and I LOVED it....I was able to use your "XBOX 360 Ragnarok Modded Controller Software" and change parameters to whatever I wanted. It never gave me any trouble and was working as good as new when I retired it!! It was easy to program, it worked, and I liked it, and all was well in my world..........the Ragnorak's were in my "price range". I recently purchased a Xbox One and PS4 Ragnorak controller from you, and although you did not provide the USB programmable software option like the 360's, I am still able to program my RF speeds although not as efficient as the 360.......so I decided to bite the bullet and purchased a Berserker for my Xbox One, but I could not get it to operate as described (thank you for refunding my purchase). Now I see where now all you offer are Berserkers....for $300.00.

What in the world are you doing????

I do not believe I am wrong in stating that the majority of gamers looking for a modded controller does NOT have three hundred dollars to spend. (In my personal example, I earn $75,000.00/yr and I am way leery of dropping 3 hundred for a controller)

Now don't get me wrong...I'm not saying a Berserker is not a good controller....you can do things with it that cannot be done with any other controller.....but three hundred samolians is out of the price range of 95% of potential customers.

Last edited:

modded matt

What a shitty post. LOL show me any other product that does half what this does for less.... $300 represents a profit margin if about $15.00 and at the rate Microsoft is going, Viking will never recoup their costs by the time a new controller design is released making their chips obsolete and everything will have to be retooled. Just so I am clear, I am explaining to you that you are bitching about a price, which is not bad, that will be taken as a loss if MS releases a new controller revision this year like they do every year.

What exactly is your point? This is an elitist market. Please show me a better option or are you just looking for a hand out?

Curious to know what the viking couldn't do... to prompt a refund. LOL generally, refunds are given to spoiled kids who cannot operate the software or notorious complainers who are given a refund to make them just go away.

don65

When did this happen when everything should be affordable to everyone? People where bitching about the ms elite controller, just dont buy it period, I want a lamborghini should I complain to the company its to expensive for the 95% of the people so I can afford to buy one.

odingalt

Staff member
Hey it seems like fair feedback.

Maybe our transparent pricing is to blame? We just charge one price for a fully loaded modded controller and unlimited lifetime access to the Forge. To build a complicated mod like this, develop software for it, the price ends up at $299. If you look at comparable fully loaded mods from our competitors, they are in the $200+ price range with no USB and no Forge.

If we priced like our more traditional competitors, we could sell you the Berserker for $99 or $150, but with no Forge access. Then sell you a monthly sub to the Forge for say $9.99 per month, or sell you individual gamepacks at $14.95 or $19.95. How do you guys feel about a different pricing structure where the hardware is cheaper, and then the Forge is either a subscription or the gamepacks are sold individually?