when are the programs and videos gonna be up

odingalt

Staff member
Beta testing went way longer than expected. Software link will be ready on Tuesday night. Videos to follow the software being posted. I need to focus on that and getting some pre-made macro sets added to the on-line macro library before I work on more promotional videos. :)

LaxWarrior

odingalt said:
Beta testing went way longer than expected. Software link will be ready on Tuesday night. Videos to follow the software being posted. I need to focus on that and getting some pre-made macro sets added to the on-line macro library before I work on more promotional videos. :)
where are they then :) the video that were being posted?

odingalt

Staff member
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1911&start=10

We got ran over by a freight train. Moving software release back to tomorrow night. If you absolutely can't wait, you can download a really ROUGH beta here:

http://www.viking360.com/downloads/thev ... _setup.exe

WORDS OF ADVICE. DO NOT BOTHER building any macros or macro sets using this build. There are several bugs in this build that will NOT let you carry your macros forward to the next version, so making/saving anything is a waste of time. Secondly, this build is not x64 compatible as we are working out those bugs as well. Please remember this is just the rough beta, we have another build coming tomorrow that is a huge leap over this one.

E

LoveKillzSlowly

I hope the software is compatible with netbook's resolution of 1024x600. There are programs that require screen res. to be set @ 1024x768 or higher or the application will be cut off and will appear a little off screen.

odingalt

Staff member
Unfortunately this is one of those programs.

I can tell you why some software requires a minimum resolution - because supporting resizable windows doubles or triples the project budget. We are spending about $25,000 on the software. With resizable windows you can figure we'd double that figure and extend the timeline to Christmas before we would have gotten the software out. This is the same logic that we use when we decide not to support Mac users. It's not worth spending $25,000(or more, since there are less qualified MacOS programmers than their are Windows programmers) to port the software to Mac for the 250 or so sales we would gain from supporting MacOS.

If the screen resolution is a show-stopper for you, we will accept a return for a full refund. Within 7 days only.

(And ONLY for an unopened box. Don't open the controller, play with it for a couple of minutes, then try to return it - we won't accept opened box)

LoveKillzSlowly

Oh no that's fine I won't be returning it. I also have a desktop I can use I just prefer having the software installed on my netbook. I plan on getting a laptop soon anyways since I broke the one I had out of anger, stupid me. :twisted:

I plugged my netbook into a pc monitor and it works for me at res. of 1440x900. I think the minimum is 1380x768 for the software to display properly but I don't have that option on my pc so I am not 100% sure, 1280x768 was cut off a tiny bit. This is what it looks like when I try to open it up on my netbook using it's display at 1024x600(standard res. for all netbooks), can't go higher than that without plugging it into a monitor. http://i55.tinypic.com/2a811z6.jpg.

odingalt

Staff member
I have been doing some testing using my laptop at a resolution smaller than the 1024x768, I can't remember the resolution, I think it was 13xx by something, the only problem was I couldn't move the window and if I wanted to close the program I had to use alt-F4 as I couldn't see the 'X' to close it.

Ben

I have the same problem its too big for my screen res (1280x800) I can't move it or close it as I can't see the top of it.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Ben. said:
I have the same problem its too big for my screen res (1280x800) I can't move it or close it as I can't see the top of it.
wow......my laptop is 1920x1080 but i cant run the software because i'm on x64 :(

Lynx

odingalt said:
http://www.vikingforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1911&start=10

We got ran over by a freight train. Moving software release back to tomorrow night. If you absolutely can't wait, you can download a really ROUGH beta here:

WORDS OF ADVICE. DO NOT BOTHER building any macros or macro sets using this build. There are several bugs in this build that will NOT let you carry your macros forward to the next version, so making/saving anything is a waste of time. Secondly, this build is not x64 compatible as we are working out those bugs as well. Please remember this is just the rough beta, we have another build coming tomorrow that is a huge leap over this one.

E

Will any of the future builds support x64? I already ordered my controller and its shipped, however I have 2 laptops. Ones a macbook which is my primary one, and than a 64-bit Windows 7 laptop that I use for business and stuff like this.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Lynx said:
odingalt said:
http://www.vikingforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1911&start=10

E

Will any of the future builds support x64? I already ordered my controller and its shipped, however I have 2 laptops. Ones a macbook which is my primary one, and than a 64-bit Windows 7 laptop that I use for business and stuff like this.
he said in the post you quoted that the patch is being done....it should be in the final release.