Why you shouldn't buy Activision's "Stimulus Package"

Paul

Hey guys. I'm going to give you a bunch of reason's why not to buy it since I'm officially boycotting it. Ready? Here we go!

1. It has 3 new maps. 2 of them are from CoD4.

2. Activision is charging 1200MSP for the map pack. That's an extra $5 = 1/4 of the game price for 5 maps, 2 of which aren't even new. That's $3 a map.

3. When you bought the game you already bought the maps. They're on your disk right now under a security protection code. Hackers broke it shortly after the game came out and posted a Youtube video. It got removed faster then you could say "woah."

4. Activision fired IW president Vince Zampella and IW CEO Jason West for "insubordination" weeks before their royalties for MW2 were due.

5. Activision is holding up on paying the rest of IW the royalties they're due to keep them in the company.

6. Activision doesn't care about the gamers. They care more about the stockholders. They made MW2 non dedicated-servers on PC because of stockholders.

7. They call it a Stimulus Package. Who is this supposed to Stimulate again, Activision's pocket? They don't need any more stimulation into that.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70297 ... sion-.html
http://planetcallofduty.gamespy.com/ful ... ?id=162018
http://planetcallofduty.gamespy.com/ful ... ?id=162042
http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/03/ ... ander.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Warfare_2

drb1992

All I got to say is that your a fucking idiot lol. First off, like you said its a stimulus package not a map pack. So don't you think they will be releasing more than just maps? Second Activision nor IW set the prices of DLC, its all Microsoft so don't be bitching about Activision when you don't know what your talking about (Activision probably talked to MS about the price and maybe even suggested 1200 MS points but in the end its up to Microsoft on how much it cost). Thirdly why the hell would it cost 1200 MS points if it only came with 5 maps lol. I have never seen or heard of Microsoft doing anything that ridiculous before (Microshaft is pretty dumb and annoying but I don't think they would charge an extra $5 for nothing) so obviously there will be more stuff in the DLC than what we already know. There have been rumors that they will release more game types, guns, etc. Of course those are just rumors and nothing is confirmed besides of the maps. Just fucking wait until they announce more stuff that will be in the DLC or maybe we won't know until it comes out. Some of the things you said may be true but there is so much BS in your post as well. So go ahead and boycott this DLC but you don't know what your missing out on.

Note*Yes I know my grammar sucks but I couldn't believe someone would post something so stupid like this, so I didn't really care about grammar. Also sorry for the language I normally don't start cussing at people especially on forums but I just could not believe some of the reasons he gave lol.

Paul

drb1992 said:
All I got to say is that your a fucking idiot lol. First off, like you said its a stimulus package not a map pack. So don't you think they will be releasing more than just maps? Second Activision nor IW set the prices of DLC, its all Microsoft so don't be bitching about Activision when you don't know what your talking about (Activision probably talked to MS about the price and maybe even suggested 1200 MS points but in the end its up to Microsoft on how much it cost). Thirdly why the hell would it cost 1200 MS points if it only came with 5 maps lol. I have never seen or heard of Microsoft doing anything that ridiculous before (Microshaft is pretty dumb and annoying but I don't think they would charge an extra $5 for nothing) so obviously there will be more stuff in the DLC than what we already know. There have been rumors that they will release more game types, guns, etc. Of course those are just rumors and nothing is confirmed besides of the maps. Just fucking wait until they announce more stuff that will be in the DLC or maybe we won't know until it comes out. Some of the things you said may be true but there is so much BS in your post as well. So go ahead and boycott this DLC but you don't know what your missing out on.

Note*Yes I know my grammar sucks but I couldn't believe someone would post something so stupid like this, so I didn't really care about grammar. Also sorry for the language I normally don't start cussing at people especially on forums but I just could not believe some of the reasons he gave lol.

You havn't watched Microsoft podcasts before have you? That's when they announced it. It's not rumors sir, they said it.

And they said what was in the pack sir. No spec ops missions, no new guns, nothing. Just 5 maps with 2 refurbished. Check your own facts and go google the problem before you say I'm talking bs.

Paul

drb1992 said:

Found the link for when Microsoft announced it.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/03/ ... ander.aspx

Edit: I also found info on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Warfare_2

Please don't call my information BS. It's all facts with links to where I found it out in my main post, AND a small bit of opinion.

drb1992

They only mention the maps because that is all they know about lol. Not really complicated. And even if it does only come with maps I would easily pay 800 MS points just for crash because that was such an amazing map. Also even if I am wrong about there being other stuff in the DLC your still wrong about getting onto Activision for it costing 1200 MS points.

Paul

drb1992 said:
They only mention the maps because that is all they know about lol. Not really complicated. And even if it does only come with maps I would easily pay 800 MS points just for crash because that was such an amazing map. Also even if I am wrong about there being other stuff in the DLC your still wrong about getting onto Activision for it costing 1200 MS points.

Maybe I am wrong about Activision choosing the price, but they probably had something to do with it, even if it was Microsoft's decision.

Besides, it's still a reason not to buy the package. Also, if people just bend over and buy it 1200 will become the new standard for map packs. You might be willing to pay for it, but I'm not, and neither are a pretty big portion of the MW2 players.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I will support this boycott all the way, I'm not paying $15 for three maps. If there is somethng other than maps included, I will revise my opinion, and probably buy it. Really, DLC should be free, it's turned into a money grab instead of simply adding to the original games experience. Some games have whole packs of content for under $5. That's reasonable, $15 isn't. When you think about the pricing of MW2, you need to think like this: 1 game, at $60, 3 sections of the game (missions, spec ops, and multiplayer) $20 each, 16 multiplayer maps at $1.25 each. Since 2 of the maps in the map pack are remakes, they should be free, as we already paid for them in COD4. So the total for ythe map pack, in my opinion, should be $3.75. It would be acceptable to round up to $5, just to keep things even.

Xx Binno xX

You are right about the cost why the hell should it cost 1200M$ points for 5 maps and 2 of them are remade. Oh well I"m going to buy and I'm sorry but i believe you guys will buy it when it comes out I herd a podcast from Microsoft Major Nelson and Robert Bowling about the maps, Robert talked about all the maps even crash and overgrown and said what they are like, I herd there is more then just maps coming out, there is supposed to be more gun cameos, and more guns but i just herd rumors.

drb1992

XxbinnoxX said:
You are right about the cost why the hell should it cost 1200M$ points for 5 maps and 2 of them are remade. Oh well I"m going to buy and I'm sorry but i believe you guys will buy it when it comes out I herd a podcast from Microsoft Major Nelson and Robert Bowling about the maps, Robert talked about all the maps even crash and overgrown and said what they are like, I herd there is more then just maps coming out, there is supposed to be more gun cameos, and more guns but i just herd rumors.
That's exactly what I said

Paul

XxbinnoxX said:

It's BS. Only maps are coming out.

If you buy these your feeding in to Microsoft and telling them they can get away with raising the price to a ridiculous amount to access content already on your disc.

I'll go play BC2 if that's what it takes to prove my point.

geestthebeast

everyone thinks they know everything, befor i start making stupid post like this i would wait for the official statement, not the first thing on youtube, damn, i would wait for it too come out, i was told they were bringing some weapons back from cod 4 modern warfare allong with some maps, overgrown and crash, i was told a dragunov, m24, g36c, mp5, m1911, ak-74u, saw m249, and m60e4, were all going to arrive, im not for sure, but there a chance that when you pay $15, ooooooh $15, im going to kill myself, wow, thats too much, i only payed like $150 for my game with a 12 year olds night vision crap goggles. Im sure they will include something else with it, because W@W had 3 map pack at only 800 pts apeice.

Paul

geestthebeast said:
everyone thinks they know everything, befor i start making stupid post like this i would wait for the official statement, not the first thing on youtube, damn, i would wait for it too come out, i was told they were bringing some weapons back from cod 4 modern warfare allong with some maps, overgrown and crash, i was told a dragunov, m24, g36c, mp5, m1911, ak-74u, saw m249, and m60e4, were all going to arrive, im not for sure, but there a chance that when you pay $15, ooooooh $15, im going to kill myself, wow, thats too much, i only payed like $150 for my game with a 12 year olds night vision crap goggles. Im sure they will include something else with it, because W@W had 3 map pack at only 800 pts apeice.

People's gaming budgets have become a bit more tight lately. You act like $15 is nothing, but it adds up. Plus in WaW if you didn't have the map pack it didn't play the map. Cod4 and probably MW2 it will just kick you if you don't have it. Plus, we payed $60 for the game. In WaW it was actually new content, but in MW2 the maps are already on our disc. You know, if your trying to be savvy and get the Odin's Raven or the Thor's Hammer, $15 does mean quite a bit.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
geestthebeast said:

Well, they already have the dragunov and the w1200 in the singleplayer game, so I don't see why I should be paying for them to bring them into multiplayer. There are other locked camos on the disk already, I saw it hacked somewhere. They had red and blue leopard, and I beleive they might have had golden. Like I said, if they do bring guns and camos along with the maps, I will pay the $15. But I wouldn't get my hopes up, that recording was of an interveiw with a head honcho at one of the companies involved in puting out the pack. If they didn't mention anything but maps (which they didn't) I would be doubtful of their inclusion.

horatio13

everyone shut the fuck up and let's just play some damn video games, sheesh, we aren't running for office no need for all this

Paul

horatio13 said:
everyone shut the fuck up and let's just play some damn video games, sheesh, we aren't running for office no need for all this

^
Idiots like you are the reason Microsoft can get away with charging 1200MSP for this. I'm sorry your illiterate brain can't process an outrageous price of $15 for 3 maps.

Schltz010

ok paul dont talk to my boy H like that, it is kinda annoying, that ur whinning about this. if u dont like it dont buy it u dont have to protest, its just a video game

Paul

Schltz010 said:
ok paul dont talk to my boy H like that, it is kinda annoying, that ur whinning about this. if u dont like it dont buy it u dont have to protest, its just a video game

Uhh no, it's not just this video game.

DLC used to be free.

Microsoft went "hey, I know! We can charge them for it!"

DLC went to 800MSP for a map pack and consumers went crazy over it.

Microsoft went "Hey, this is working! Lets make an extra $5 for doing less work!"

Goes up to 1200MSP, *Consumers are going to go crazy over it.*

Microsoft says "Lets bump it up to xMSP!"

Keeps repeating until we end up paying $20 for every damn map pack.
--

I for one, am not going to be used so. I'm boycotting the map pack, and I'm telling people why I'm boycotting it. Stop feeding Microsoft money you shouldn't have to.

Krier023

Useful Poster
I myself find it ridiculous that they are making us pay 15 dollars for maps that we already have on our game. all we have to do is break the security codes like some hackers on youtube did.

Paul

Krier023 said:
I myself find it ridiculous that they are making us pay 15 dollars for maps that we already have on our game. all we have to do is break the security codes like some hackers on youtube did.

That's what I've been trying to explain. lol