Will viking install a custom shell?

mesojdm

I am about to get a new 360 but don't like the offered colors. Does anyone know if I send Viking a shell, if they can put it all together with tac buttons and all? heres the shell I want to use;
red-tiger.jpg

thanks!!!

odingalt

Staff member
Nope, unfortunately we don't offer send-in service or other custom mod work :cry:

PS3andCOD

Contributor
If you buy a viking and the shell and have them shipped to Fredrow (a mod on the forums) he could probably do it for a small fee.

odingalt

Staff member
PS3andCOD said:
If you buy a viking and the shell and have them shipped to Fredrow (a mod on the forums) he could probably do it for a small fee.

Actually, Fredrow doesn't have the new Viking macro modchips - nobody does. (Not like the older purple mod chips where we used to sell them to Ben and Chris). We sent two to Fredrow (so he could have his own macro controller) but he chose to sell them.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
PS3andCOD said:

Actually, Fredrow doesn't have the new Viking macro modchips - nobody does. (Not like the older purple mod chips where we used to sell them to Ben and Chris). We sent two to Fredrow (so he could have his own macro controller) but he chose to sell them.
Ben has them doesnt he?

obo

I think what PS3ANDCOD was reffering to was purchasing a pre-modded viking macro controller and then shipping the controller plus the shell he wanted to Fredrow.

I'm sure Fredrow would be more than happy to put the two together for a small fee.

mesojdm

Thanks for the reply guys. So then would I just have to purchase the black controller from Viking and do the shell swap myself?? I work in electronics, and am pretty hands on. All that would Need to be done is to drill and install the 6 tac switches correct? Or are there more modifications inside that would need to be done? Why won't Viking install it with a shell I provide??? Warranty?? For $300... I would think they could make an exception lol.
Thanks

PS3andCOD

Contributor
obo said:
I think what PS3ANDCOD was reffering to was purchasing a pre-modded viking macro controller and then shipping the controller plus the shell he wanted to Fredrow.

I'm sure Fredrow would be more than happy to put the two together for a small fee.

Yes, exactly what I meant. If you're worried about waranty, Fredrow would probably warant anything he could, he ran a mod shop for the old controllers, so he's used to warantys etc...