Worth The Wait?

Toymachine363

I would really like to have a super cool shell for my Macro Mod when i get it. But i would also like having the New controllers (with the spinning d pad and new sticks) the new red skull controller is absolutely insane looking and i would love to get that, but its the old controller. So i was wondering if in january when custom paintjobs for the newstyle controller are made (as said by Odin) are going to be really really cool too? or will they only be the ones made my microsoft? it matters a lot to me to have a really cool looking controller but i want the new controller aswell. i was wondering if these current designs will be the coolest and to order now because theyre not going to get better or to wait until the awesome shells come to the new controller?

odingalt

Staff member
We'll keep trying to apply custom paint jobs to stock microsoft controllers. Since Microsoft has retired the white and red shells, this means we really have the black and silver shells as "base colors" to work with.

We are told by our paint shop that it is possible to repaint a black controller to say red first, then apply a second coat with the pattern we want. With this paint/repaint process, I'm concerned that two layers of the paint will get too thick in some places, causing things to not fit perfectly. This could affect the proper function of buttons, bumpers, etc.

The biggest question is, what pattern we can find to make the silver controller look more awesome! Haven't decided yet. That'll be the next task - coming up with a custom paint job for the silver controllers.

Galen

well just because microsoft discontinued a controller doesnt mean nobody can sell it. but once they sell the remainder of their stock they will no longer get anymore so it probably wouldnt be ideal for the viking team to get more and make designs on those when it is the black and silver they will eventually HAVE to work with (aka they may as well start making cool designs on the silver and black rather than restock a soon to be obsolete controller)

odingalt

Staff member
Galen said:
well just because microsoft discontinued a controller doesnt mean nobody can sell it. but once they sell the remainder of their stock they will no longer get anymore so it probably wouldnt be ideal for the viking team to get more and make designs on those when it is the black and silver they will eventually HAVE to work with (aka they may as well start making cool designs on the silver and black rather than restock a soon to be obsolete controller)

Well said!