Xbox headsets

a42ozslushie

This is the place to talk about what xbox headphones are best in MW2. Discuss what you think about Astro A40S, Tritons, Beaches, what works best for hearing foot steps, etc.

obo

I have turtle beach x4's. They are fantastic. I can pretty much hear everything

Itz CHARLEY

i have turtles X31s and they are soooo godly. My friend has triton 720s and he's still really bad. Maybe he has bad hearing, but when i spectate in seach and destroy on him i hear alot of things that he cannot, like when people get in your crotch and defuse the secont you plant the bomb. Most poeple cant hear the bomb being moved twice, but with turtles i can always tell that the noise is unusual.

odingalt

Staff member
I've only ever heard the turtle beach brand name in all my conversations with competition gamers. Especially some of their later generation headsets. The first few generations people really loved the performance in-game but seemed to question the quality a little bit, with the latest generation my understanding is that the headphones will change your game forever and you'll never go back, and the quality and durability is great.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

a42ozslushie said:
I have turtle beach x1's and am thinking about making the leap up to Astro a40s
Omg...I did that and the difference is night and day...turtles are nice but are over bassed the astros are like wearing 7.1 on your head.

a42ozslushie

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
a42ozslushie said:
I have turtle beach x1's and am thinking about making the leap up to Astro a40s
Omg...I did that and the difference is night and day...turtles are nice but are over bassed the astros are like wearing 7.1 on your head.
So do you think the astros are worth the money for MW2?

40_ounce

I use Turtle Beach X41's. They sound great. I got them for about $170 on ebay. I see they go for about $180 right now.

zackwg23

So do you think the ability to hear peoples footsteps on MW2 is improved by much?

And what about if they have ninja is it possible to hear them at all?

Itz CHARLEY

zackwg23 said:
So do you think the ability to hear peoples footsteps on MW2 is improved by much?

Yes, but you have to listen very closely. It even bugs me that I can hear my own footsteps when I walk with Ninja Pro.

obo

Itz CHARLEY said:
zackwg23 said:

Yes, but you have to listen very closely. It even bugs me that I can hear my own footsteps when I walk with Ninja Pro.

omfg i know!!!! I have to always have ninja pro on now, cuz without it, i contantly think im being snuck up on

TH3C0DF4TH3R

obo said:
Itz CHARLEY said:
zackwg23 said:

omfg i know!!!! I have to always have ninja pro on now, cuz without it, i contantly think im being snuck up on

you will be able to hear someone with ninja pro like they never have it using site rep pro

JeremyC95

zackwg23 said:

yes you can hear people with ninja pro and i have the turtle beach x1

JeremyC95

i have the x1, its great if u want to improve, but it makes your ears sweat after a long session and it squeezes your head. I get a headache from them after I play for a while. I think i am gonna upgrade to x11 now. A40 are not worth it my friend has them and its not a huge difference from turtle beach. The Astro A40 is better, its more crisp and clear, but not worth 250 dollars. It should be at the most 200.

JeremyC95

Schltz010 said:
dang i was looking at those atros A40s and there ike 250.00. are they worth it?

no they are not, they are good and better than almost ever headset out there but it isn't worth 250. Go with a Triton or turtle beach.

JeremyC95

Itz CHARLEY said:
zackwg23 said:

yes it annoys the crap out of me, dead silence was so much better than ninja. Ninja doesn't do a very good job.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

JeremyC95 said:
Itz CHARLEY said:
zackwg23 said:

yes it annoys the crap out of me, dead silence was so much better than ninja. Ninja doesn't do a very good job.
no ninja i think is QUIETER than dead silence....dead silence i could still hear my footsteps