Xbox One Controller Replacement Shells??

modded matt

I havent seen any "GOOD" ones other than OEM replacements. but such is life. The clear ones I got a few months ago were crap.

odingalt

Staff member
No such thing unfortunately :-(.

Best to just disassemble a stock controller and send that stock shell off for paint or hydrodip service. For XBOX 360 there are lots of shops that have a glut of XBOX 360 stock shells, but no such glut has been built up on PS4 or XBOX One yet that I know of.

Freyja

Staff member
Yes, our black shells are stock. Most of the shells with designs on them are NOT stock painted ones. We (might still) have a few that are stock that are hydro dipped. We did get some samples from a new hydro dipping company that we will start using as long as they stand up to drilling, installation, and customer use.

Also, if for some reason you end up getting an aftermarket shell that is not OEM and painted, be very aware that most of the molds (all we have run into) have the plastic thickness/inside shape around the triggers wrong, unusably so once the shell is put on and drilled together. We fix this by taking a dremmel and hand sanding it down to the approximate correct shape. Messy, time consuming, and loud. It is not exact and will never be perfect like a stock shell. Plus, if you're not careful you can f*ck up the shell or your fingers. Possibly even shoot your eye out ;)

And some of them are missing the metal battery connector component so you will have to glean that off a stock shell.

Last edited:

modded matt

Agree, I have had issues at the bumpers/triggers with the aftermarket shells and nobody has eve been happy with them so I stopped using them. All of them that I have bought did not come with the battery terminal and had to remove it from the stock shell also.