Xbox One Elite controller

Drastic

I know it isn't out yet, still got a little ways to go... Assuming it's a hit. Do you guys @ Viking think we'll see Elite Xbox One Berserkers?

bonefisher

I'm FIXING to order a couple and hopefully Viking will install a chip in one. I'll even send a ginie pig to them to pull apart.

don65

I have mine preordered, would love to send mine off to Viking as soon as I recieve it for a Beserker modifaction if Oden is up for it.

don65

I like it, wouldn't hesitate to pick one up except for the thought of having to download all the games again ughh the thought of it but I will probably bite the bullet and and get one,

bonefisher

Yeah mite take a while for them to check out things. I'm willing to send them one to check if it could be done with the chip they have but most likely it would be totally different and have to change things.

Freyja

Staff member
More than likely it will be very different inside and not compatible with the Berserker chip; we had to completely re-design the Ragnarok (again) to make it work with the newer 3.5mm jack controller. In all likely hood we won't ever Berserk the Elite controller because of the little interest in that combination and the original price tag of the Elite controller.
We still haven't re-couped the startup cost for the XB1 Berserker in Berserker sales; it takes at least a few grand to re-vamp a Ragnarok, let alone the Berserker. Sorry, but don't hold your breath guys.

bonefisher

Might want to reconsider looking into building one for this elite controller because I'm hearing later down the road this might be the default controllers.

odingalt

Staff member
Don't hold your breath for any elite controller mods from Viking in 2015. We have too many other projects on our plate already.

don65

Just got mine also, what a beast, the only thing better would be a besrker modifaction for, I know, im not holding my breath, but we can fantasize lol

bonefisher

Had about a hour of practice to get use to the paddles and now I just love how they feel! Had to back off of the pressure of holding the controller which is nice now how everything reacts and feels! I grade it A++ Xbox One Elite Controller! They did great on this.

odingalt

Staff member
I saw pictures of the insides. It's the same circuit board as the 3.5mm jack controller (for the most part) with some other stuff bolted on. I have to wait to get a controller in my hands to verify but I imagine our existing Ragnarok modchip will work on there.

As far as Berserker, I still haven't redesigned the Berserker to work with the 3.5mm jack controller yet but that tshould also work on the elite, though not yet sure how to best incorporate the paddle switches.