Xbox ragnarok chip

Krier023

Useful Poster
Hey just wondering if viking will be selling the xbox ragnarok chip again? This question is probably more pointed toward odin than anyone. Havent had a modded controller for a while, and xbox live is so much more fun with one haha. I would buy the purple chip for a raven, but if possible, id rather have a rag.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
They already have new CG2 ragnarok chips but they haven't posted it up yet cause the software updates have to be all cripted to support the matrix 2 and the cg2 chips. Right now if u tried to download the new software it would brick your chip. Odin has been working on it long and hard and im sure in the not too distant future they will be back up for sale on their website. Ya ive already built three xbox ragnaroks and two ps3 ragnaroks and i still have a xbox matrix 2 ragnarok chip that im just waiting for a matrix 2 controller to fall in my lap.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Yea there moving to the cg2 boards for the new ragnarok chips. Its real good though now u cant even find a matrix 2 board anywhere. Microsoft only produced them for a short time and went back to the CG2 boards. Im sure the ragnarok cg2 new chips might be a little harder to install. i bet there will be more trace solder points where u have to scrap off the coating and use flux to get a good solder connection.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
First off for the newbies, let me iterate that if you are a retail customer, it makes absolutely no difference if you have a CG2 or a matrix2 circuit board in your wireless controller. You get 100% of the same functionality with either controller. This thread is for the do-it-yourselfers out there. Ok on to my 2 bits:

Yeah basically we sold a whole bunch of Ragnaroks with matrix2 circuit boards inside, in fact we have about 60 pre-built and left in stock, we'll probably sell out some time in the next month. Our firmware updating software for Ragnarok only knows how to update a controller with a matrix2 circuit board inside. We need our software dev to update the firmware updater software so it can auto-detect and make sure you upgrade your Ragnarok with the correct firmware file depending on which circuit board is inside of your controller. :)

We've actually got 1,000's of CG2 Ragnarok modchips in the shop that are just sitting there collecting dust until we can get that firmware updater tool ready. I am setting up some software project management software on our website so I can collaborate with a guy on my staff to get started on this project before the end of the week.