XCM?

theblur1

I was thinking of ordering an xcm case for my console and i was just wondering if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with ordering or their service or the products themselves.
id appreciate anyones help.

odingalt

Staff member
I've had mixed results with XCM cases, we've sold custom XCM cases occasionally with the Viking mod installed. Some cases 'fit' together better than others, I've found the left and right bumpers are sometimes a little 'softer' feeling than a stock controller, but then again I've had stock controllers (brand new) with bumpers that felt a little soft. If you overtighten the screws on some of the XCM cases (specifically the chromes) it'll actually lock up your left and right bumpers. Maybe their quality has improved, I've got some piano black cases that are going together better than the old chromes did.

I tried Evolution shells from Talismoon, the silver chrome ones, and they absolutely sucked. We had about 30 controllers go together ok, then in the last 10 we started having troubles with them. The shell didn't come together properly so the battery wasn't making proper contact with the shell and controller wouldn't turn on. We ended up issuing some refunds and performing some case swaps on the last few orders, then removing chrome as an option.

We're gonna order some XCM chromes again to see how the quality is these days, we'll post again when we get the shells. Some of their half n' half or 'matte' plastic type shells seem to be pretty good. Oh another thing to mention, the XCM chrome shells will FLAKE very easily if you drill them for tac/3.5mm jack hole so be very careful, we put masking tape on both sides of the shell then drilled through the masking tape, then you must be VERY careful removing the masking tape in a certain way to prevent the chrome material from flaking/peeling off.

The whole thing is a pain in th eass. The Evolution chrome material held up much better to flaking on drilling. But get this - they don't even give you a battery pack cover. The shell includes a fake battery pack cover - but it can't actually hold batteries, so you end up having to buy a black battery pack or cover so that it looks halfway decent on the chrome.