You Can Reduce Recoil; What About Idle Sway?

Viva en Grey

The title pretty much says it all! I know that each weapon has a macro that can be made for it to reduce the recoil/kick, but what about its idle sway? Would that even be possible, since ADS sway becomes more obvious over time? I'm not sure if it even has a pattern after a certain amount of time holding down ADS. Or would this be rolled into an anti recoil macro?

Thanks in advance!

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
The title pretty much says it all! I know that each weapon has a macro that can be made for it to reduce the recoil/kick, but what about its idle sway? Would that even be possible, since ADS sway becomes more obvious over time? I'm not sure if it even has a pattern after a certain amount of time holding down ADS. Or would this be rolled into an anti recoil macro?

Thanks in advance!

Im not sure ADS would be the only shot I think. However it would have to have a pattern.

Viva en Grey

Im not sure ADS would be the only shot I think. However it would have to have a pattern.

Using the MP7 as my test, yes, there is a pattern and it is progressive. By simply holding ADS, you can see that, without stability, the weapon goes from little to dramatic sway in what is an elliptical formation. With Stability, though, the weapon's sway is barely noticeable through long periods of time holding ADS.

In-game, comparing the weapon with and without stability (since the thing has next to no kick) there is a massive difference. With stability, it's practically a laser beam whereas without I felt like I was missing shots that could've/should've connected.

But the question still remains, would it be possible to macro it?

Last edited:

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Using the MP7 as my test, yes, there is a pattern and it is progressive. By simply holding ADS, you can see that, without stability, the weapon goes from little to dramatic sway in what is an elliptical formation. With Stability, though, the weapon's sway is barely noticeable through long periods of time holding ADS.

In-game, comparing the weapon with and without stability (since the thing has next to no kick) there is a massive difference. With stability, it's practically a laser beam whereas without I felt like I was missing shots that could've/should've connected.

But the question still remains, would it be possible to macro it?

Honestly I have no clue you are welcome to try and make one just by messing with the RS.

mattyboy76

Without being too rude, the guy above me is a complete ****.

After looking into it a bit for you, if you tap the left trigger, so you briefly go out of aim and back in your sway will be reset to dead centre, so a macro that taps the left trigger back out of aim and back into aim every few seconds would completely remove idle sway. not too random was it.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Without being too rude, the guy above me is a complete ****.

After looking into it a bit for you, if you tap the left trigger, so you briefly go out of aim and back in your sway will be reset to dead centre, so a macro that taps the left trigger back out of aim and back into aim every few seconds would completely remove idle sway. not too random was it.

He just spoke his mind. The way he said it could of been nicer but thats not the point. Jets did a thing with the zombies where you would tap LT so fast that it would lock onto people. If you could do that online just to take away kick that would be great. Thanks for the info and nice find!

odingalt

Staff member
I understand the sway is somewhat of a figure-8 or elliptical pattern. The question here is WHERE inside of that pattern do you start when you zoom in. If it's like the sniper rifles, I felt that it was always "Random". Or tied to the game timer somehow. I.e. the guy sways badly on the sniper rifle and he's always aiming at the same spot but the sway is off this way or that when you zoom in.

Maybe it makes a difference depending on which COD game we are talking about???

In any case I really don't think our analog thumbsticks are accurate enough especially down at the "Barely moving" range of the joystick. As you know there is a deadband on every joystick and it's different from one controller to the next. To make up for that, our modchip has an even bigger deadband that makes up for all possible deadbands from all possible controllers. Hope that makes sense.