Jitter

sharkey

Can someone explain the logic behind a jitter mod to me? I would like to potentially make one for Rainbow six siege (if it's even possible beyond CoD) but first I need to understand the concept behind it to know if it's even applicable. The goal is to allow semi auto shotguns to fire at a faster than normal speed.

Last edited:

bonefisher

The object of the jitter is when you fire then tap reload then find something to cancel the reload which lot of the old games and BO3 use YY method (tap Y really fast twice) which cancels the reload and resets the gun to fire again. The first thing is to find out if YY cancels in the game then go from there. Hit reload then YY real fast to see if it cancels your reload.

sharkey

Perfect answer. Thanks! The reload aspect was confusing me but the YY canceling it makes sense.

Question however - Why is the reload needed? Wouldn't just the YY reset the timer or is that not the case.

Last edited:

sharkey

Welp I think mission is a no go.. I did find a way to exit the gun and quickly reenter it however it still does not seem to reset the timer to refire the gun. Example - If I fire a pump action shotgun and switch to another gun immediately - even if I switch back 10 minutes later it still needs to pump the shotgun. So it would seem there's no circumventing that.

bonefisher

I just downloaded game last night but haven't look at it yet to see what we can do. So don't give up hope yet. I'll take a look after work today.

sharkey

Awesome! Yeah take a look and see if there's anything I missed. The route I was taking was Right Dpad / Y or X / Right Dpad / Y.

I'll share out my pack today so you can see what I have and maybe think up some new runes :)

cExact

The object of the jitter is when you fire then tap reload then find something to cancel the reload which lot of the old games and BO3 use YY method (tap Y really fast twice) which cancels the reload and resets the gun to fire again. The first thing is to find out if YY cancels in the game then go from there. Hit reload then YY real fast to see if it cancels your reload.
hey bone any possible way you can get the jitter in black ops 3 to run smooth all the way through, it sometimes let my tactical grenade go.... which is an issue I've tried multiple things that don't work. but I found that if I move forward/run, the jitter is smoother.. but just walking forward does not help any suggestions?

bonefisher

hey bone any possible way you can get the jitter in black ops 3 to run smooth all the way through, it sometimes let my tactical grenade go.... which is an issue I've tried multiple things that don't work. but I found that if I move forward/run, the jitter is smoother.. but just walking forward does not help any suggestions?
Turn the rune up one click at a time to see if it clears up. The speed multiplier if it is on 4.6 turn up to 4.7 example.

cExact

It's already @ 10 lol. Idk its just the game then at this point none the less good find on the jitter !

Turn the rune up one click at a time to see if it clears up. The speed multiplier if it is on 4.6 turn up to 4.7 example.

Wanted to thank you for the many runes you have put together over the years. Very much appreciated.

With that said, I am curious how you are able to figure out the timing of jitters, rapid fires etc.? What I am asking is.....do you use any tools to get the timing down (software, specific in game timer, hardware??) for the runes?

I would like to get a solid base of knowledge and tools of how to build my own without having to rely on the kindness of others. Without your contributions, and of course others, us die hard COD players wouldn't be having as much fun. Its about time I try to give back if possible.

bonefisher

The older COD's was easier than now since they went digital. Use to just keep making it faster til it blocked or stutter then back down a little to get I t right. Now I use video to get rpm rate off of first shot and then do some testing nothing special.

The older COD's was easier than now since they went digital. Use to just keep making it faster til it blocked or stutter then back down a little to get I t right. Now I use video to get rpm rate off of first shot and then do some testing nothing special.

A little off topic here, but I am trying to transfer some XB1 mods to the Macro 360 to use in BO3 on 360. None of them seem to work and I believe its got something to do with the speed multiplier on XB1 not being same as speed multiplier on Macro.

Are the speed multipliers in XB1 same or differenct than the Macro version? If different, how do I calculate for that difference to get the mods to work on 360 BO3?