60hz vs 120hz for a 1080p LCD

obo

ok guys so im looking to upgrade by big ass box tv to a 32" flat screen tv

Right now, im looking at a lg 32lh30 flatscreen, that has had some preetty good reviews.

However i told my friend this and he freaked, because its only 60hz instead of 120hz (hz is the rate at which the tv refreshes the screen)

is the extra hz really that big of a difference while gaming? I mean i dont really want to dish out an extra 100-200$ for the 120hz tv if i dont have to.

can anybody tell the difference if you have/have owned either of these types of tv's?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

obo said:
ok guys so im looking to upgrade by big ass box tv to a 32" flat screen tv

Right now, im looking at a lg 32lh30 flatscreen, that has had some preetty good reviews.

However i told my friend this and he freaked, because its only 60hz instead of 120hz (hz is the rate at which the tv refreshes the screen)

is the extra hz really that big of a difference while gaming? I mean i dont really want to dish out an extra 100-200$ for the 120hz tv if i dont have to.

can anybody tell the difference if you have/have owned either of these types of tv's?
the slower the hz the more screen lag you will see(i.e playing rockband 1 second before the note reaches the strum bar). personally i would go for a 120hz tv but its your choice

obo

yeah, thats what i've heard, i just know that a lot of tv nuts blow things out of proportion. I just wanted to hear from somebody who had either type of tv

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

obo said:
yeah, thats what i've heard, i just know that a lot of tv nuts blow things out of proportion. I just wanted to hear from somebody who had either type of tv
well i have a 60hz tv and it lags the crap out of rockband..another issue i have is the tv "flickers" when i get a phone call or text message so interference is also another issue with a 60hz tv because alot of cell phones and some house phones use 60hz but the only thing im aware of that uses 120hz is tvs

obo

strange, i didnt think refresh rate had anything to do with phone frequencies

obo

are you sure you're not talking about the frequency your tv runs on? instead of the screen refresh rate?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

obo said:
are you sure you're not talking about the frequency your tv runs on? instead of the screen refresh rate?
Ok maby that's separate but I know for a fact screen lag is caused by low frequency(refresh rate..ie 60hz)..I hope I have helped you

Xx Binno xX

First off the more hz to more money so if money is no issue get 120hz. I would get a LED t.v my friends dad owns a t.v shop and he said the picture is $%#@7&! amazing. Myself I have a 32inch LCD Toshiba 1080p and i spent $400 on it. Also its mounted. i got a good deal so im happy if i had more money I would of got the 42inch.the picture on my t.v is really nice. just some tips. I kind of got off topic but 60hz v 120hz has to do with the picture like M1A1 said, the more movement on the screen cause it the screen to get a little lag and less processing power, with 120hz the t.v has more power to process the picture better which is giving you a better quality picture.