A button not working?

viking360FTW

I purchased my Thor's Hammer about 3-4 weeks ago and im currently having trouble with the A button on the controller. Each time i use a battery pack weather its rechargable or not or the charge and play cable, the A button does not work. If i push hard on the battery pack, the controller activates the A button without me physically touching the A button. Then if i try hitting the A button to jump on a game or what not, it doesnt work. Any help is greatly appreciated. :?:

viking360FTW

Re: mod wont go on any mode and usb is unknown help asap

not to cause spam or anything but my controller isnt being read either.. i have the PnC cord.. i tried 3 different USB drives and made sure my controller was in programming mode 4 times. Also, the A button on the controller doesnt work.

BTW, i have the Thor's Hammer.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
The A button DOES NOT work if you use a play and charge cable in a pnc modded controller. Unless you bought the 3.5mm jack, the A button and the right thumbstick click won't work while you're playing and charging. I'm not too sure about the battery thing though...

viking360FTW

PS3andCOD said:
The A button DOES NOT work if you use a play and charge cable in a pnc modded controller. Unless you bought the 3.5mm jack, the A button and the right thumbstick click won't work while you're playing and charging. I'm not too sure about the battery thing though...

Yeah... and now im playing online cod5 and whenever i start walking or anything, i randomly jump without physically touching the A button... strange and annyoing

G

Yeah... and now im playing online cod5 and whenever i start walking or anything, i randomly jump without physically touching the A button... strange and annyoing
get a 3.5mm jack

viking360FTW

oh lol. yeah its still screwing over.. ive read like every thread about the same problem. i would run the button test code and re flash the controller but its wont connect to my pc..

viking360FTW

Computer not recognizing device

Went to reprogram controller and none of my computers see the device when I plug in the USB cord. Now what?

40_ounce

Try restarting your comp. Are you using a laptop? And give us the exact steps you are using to get into program mode.

Fredrow

viking360FTW said:
yeah it just doesnt get detected by the program.

No, your gonna have to open up a support ticket and wait tell the Viking360 support team gets back to work next week. They are out of the office this week for personal issues.

But here is what your problem is. Your wire going to your PnC pin inside of the controller is not connected that is why your controller will not SYNC up your PC.....

viking360FTW

40_ounce said:
Try restarting your comp. Are you using a laptop? And give us the exact steps you are using to get into program mode.

I tried restarting my comp, i tried a laptop and a desktop and i tried brand new batteries and basically anything ive read about on this forum. The steps im using to get into program mode are exactly on the intruction sheet for the thors hammer.

I take out the battery pack to turn off the controller, hold sync and the guide button at the same time, put the battery pack in. Player 3 & 4 LEDs go out instantly and the top 2 flash about 3 times. Then the player 1 LED stays solid. Then, i plug the PNC cable into the top of my controller and the USB into my computer. Ive tried every USB on both my laptop and desktop. Then i open HIDbootloader and it says "device not detected. Make sure controller is in program mode." Ive tried the viking flash program as well and it says the same thing as the HIDbootloader.

Also, on the final page of the thors hammer intruction sheet, it has troubleshooting tips.. It says the controller will not be detected if the A button or right stick because there tied into the same circuit or something.. In games, when i try to use the A button say on Call of Duty, A is to jump, it doesnt make me jump when i physically push it. Its not stuck or anything, it goes down just like all the other buttons. (X,Y,B) :shock:

odingalt

Staff member
Does your Thor's Hammer have the 3.5mm jack for programming, or does it have the modify PnC port option for programming?

When the A button doesn't work, do you have the PnC cable plugged in?

How old is this controller?

And lastly are you being totally honest or did you do something stupid like try a case swap and then you tore some wires off when you had the case open and now you are making up a story about the controller not working.. we will be able to tell when you return the controller if you return it...

viking360FTW

odingalt said:
Does your Thor's Hammer have the 3.5mm jack for programming, or does it have the modify PnC port option for programming?

PnC port

When the A button doesn't work, do you have the PnC cable plugged in?

No

How old is this controller?

About a month old.

And lastly are you being totally honest or did you do something stupid like try a case swap and then you tore some wires off when you had the case open and now you are making up a story about the controller not working.. we will be able to tell when you return the controller if you return it...

Yeah i know u guys will be able to tell but i didnt do any damage to it. I never dropped, never stepped on it or never man-handled it. However, I was able to flash the controller with the button test code and every button was functioning except the A button. The A button flashes 4X on the player 3 LED. The player 3 LED would flash 4 times without me even pushing the A button physically. And yes, it would repeatedly flash 4x as if you were holding it down.

odingalt

Staff member
"When the A button doesn't work, do you have the PnC cable plugged in?

No"

Based on this one probably will want to mail it in to take a look at the internal wiring, I will try to find your ticket to update it with return instructions. -E