A Few Quick Questions

Jonny

Hay Guys,
Been a while since I was last on here, and nice to see some new faces and changes such as the new second website and PS3 chip (all ways know you would figure the PS3 controller out E ;) )

Its sad to see that your ceasing production of the macro controller, the one and only, but its nice to see a new chip coming over the hill, and going back to basics I guess. But with this new fella' I come bearing a few questions about it.

- I see that it is fairly similar to the original legacy chips, but what exactly are the differences between them?
I've heard that it's an easier DIY and all-round install (which I'm looking to do) but does it support more buttons? have more options/modes available? Can we make our own speeds and custom button orders rather than waiting for an update from you guys? ect..

- (question more for Ben if he reads this) Will Ben be getting any of these chips in? (I know he is now at Uni) I've looked at ordering a DIY Kit but the shipping is more that the actual product, and so will Ben be getting a batch in so that he can dispatch to the UK and Europe for cheaper P&P? (Doing this could actually increase how many you sell because people might currently be put off by the post and packaging charge, such as my self)

- I know that the macro controller was expensive to make, im guessing because of the DAC's and memory, but i may be wrong..? But have you had any thought towards a macro controller that is only the buttons (and on/off on the triggers) as this could still be handy to some gamers. (Just curious to know :) )

-I see that there is now some fancy LED thumb sticks, but will you ever be releasing the ring of light thing for the controller (not sure of the exact name) that was on the macro controller, or was that built into to the macro chip? If you were to release it, would it be able to plug into the port on the Rangnarok chip and be programmed through it?

- Finally, you'll be glad to know. Back when the macro controller was released, I was 'begging' to get a glimpse of inside the controller, and the chip its self looked like, and the answer I got every time was "You'll have to buy one, pop it open and void your warranty."
Has that answer changed yet? :)

Well Thanks in advance for any answers.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and has a happy New Year!

Jonny.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Welcome back to the forums! Im newer to the forums and know a lot more about the macro then the others since I only own the macro. So Im going to give a shot at two these questions.

- I see that it is fairly similar to the original legacy chips, but what exactly are the differences between them?
I've heard that it's an easier DIY and all-round install (which I'm looking to do) but does it support more buttons? have more options/modes available? Can we make our own speeds and custom button orders rather than waiting for an update from you guys? ect..

You can make your own speeds and they have a thing on vikingdigital.com about all the controller combinations you would need. Also on that website it shows all the capabilities of the controller.

Finally, you'll be glad to know. Back when the macro controller was released, I was 'begging' to get a glimpse of inside the controller, and the chip its self looked like, and the answer I got every time was "You'll have to buy one, pop it open and void your warranty."

No if you open up your macro controller you will still void your warranty. There was a picture on the forums that was posted a while ago and I tried finding it but no luck sorry man. If I find it Ill update this post. Go to here thanks to modded matt over at acidmods.com I was able to find his post about the macro that has many pictures. http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=38946.0

That was all I could answer just wanted to introduce myself!

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

The Ragnarok can only use the software here: http://www.vikingdigital.com/support/xbox-360-ragnarok

- I know that the macro controller was expensive to make, im guessing because of the DAC's and memory, but i may be wrong..? But have you had any thought towards a macro controller that is only the buttons (and on/off on the triggers) as this could still be handy to some gamers. (Just curious to know :) )

We did, but overall it seemed most people wanted a Ragnarok.

-I see that there is now some fancy LED thumb sticks, but will you ever be releasing the ring of light thing for the controller (not sure of the exact name) that was on the macro controller, or was that built into to the macro chip? If you were to release it, would it be able to plug into the port on the Rangnarok chip and be programmed through it?

We have LEDs on the thumbsticks that are customizable now.

- Finally, you'll be glad to know. Back when the macro controller was released, I was 'begging' to get a glimpse of inside the controller, and the chip its self looked like, and the answer I got every time was "You'll have to buy one, pop it open and void your warranty."

Sadly, nope.

Jonny

Thanks for the answers guys.
I do know about the macro cOntroller and what it does as I was still around here when it was being made and released. I looked at getting one but my part time job couldn't quite fund one as my money was tied up in other places (driving lessons, car and saving for Uni).

Thanks for the link to the pictures MJ23KB24, for some reason I just like seeing that typa thing..

With regards to the led question, thanks for the response an all but I know what the thumb sticks are, I was asking wither the Ring of light pcb (what was seen in the macro controller) will ever go on sale As a DIY kit for the public to put into their own controllers / go on sale as pre-made controllers? And if it were to to on sale, could it be plugged into the port on the Ragnarok chip?

Thanks,
Jonny.