About the Software

garnet2k11

I just have to post this here, cause this is driving me insane out of my darn mind. :'(

I have to ask, is there any chance, even the tiniest little bit possibility that the software could be improved in terms of speed anytime in the near future?

Maybe programmed in a more efficent programming language compared to .Net framework that it uses i think ?? I dont know what's even the best programming languages to use, and im sure it probably wouldn't happen. :(

But well....I mean like opening a single macro in the timeline editor, clicking the green check mark button, or even save to your hard drive - that it doesn't end up taking forever ??

It's becoming almost 99% impossible for me to do stuff because it takes like 15 to 30 minutes just to open the timeline editor at all after i've spent hours desperately trying to perfect recordings, to the point where ...i have no idea how but one that i was working on is all messed up i think maybe, cause of how the software is taking soooo long to open/save the recording.

And just to clarify, i did NOT extend anything past the default 2 second mark. It's just killing me inside and making me start to feel like i wont ever be able to do what i wish with the controller as it's only executing my moves perfectly only 50% of the time on average. :'(

Also at one time i was watching it in task manager to see what the heck was happening, and the RAM usage of The Viking Software.exe just never stopped going up, 200, 400, 600, 700, 800 MB of RAM while trying to just open one of my 1 second recordings for over a half hour. :(

Last edited:

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
What kind of computer are you running? Ive never had this issue personally and my buddy had a terrible computer still not bad at all in recording and flashing macros. Maybe try uninstalling the software and re-installing it. To uninstall go to control panel---->Programs------> Unintsall a program.

garnet2k11

im pretty sure im okay on specs at least i would believe.

Im on a laptop (dont have a desktop) - It's got 2 GB of DDR2 RAM, intel core 2 duo 1.8 GHZ CPU, integrated graphics (graphic media accelerator, blehh)

At first it was okay and all when opening/editing/clicking green checkmark but the more times i'd do it while trying and trying to perfect a very critical sensitive recording, the longer it'd take every time...until eventually for whatever reason it would just take forever and ever and ever to click any buttons, and then my recording going totally off-sync....so i was so upset, fustrated and sad last night that i just said "screw it" - and went to bed for the night...so i think i have to restart all over again now. :(

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

I've never had this issue. Are you running stock windows... Real windows and not a virtual machine? Are you running the latest. Net framework and have you downloaded the latest viking macro software on the viking360 website?

garnet2k11

Yes honest.
Im on windows XP, no virtual stuff

Have the current 0.8.7.5 from http://viking360.com/download-software-drivers/the-viking-software-record-and-playback-moves

And the lastest .NET framework 4 - i intinally never had it, but the first time i downloaded the viking software a few months ago, it automatically detected i didn't have it, and downloaded/installed it.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2uic0mv.png - im doing this for mm10 specifically, i already spent hours and hours just even trying to do my first 1.3-ish second recording - it's extremely sensitive so i need this perfect timing...i only get about 50% accuracy on average. :( where i'll unpause from the main menu of commands, hit a tac switch that i have it recorded on so the controller plays it back for 1 single little room in a level...and it's just purely HIT or MISS...it'll work perfect 100% no problem ...or be totally off. It's really fustrating

it seems as if like...every single time you click the green check mark button specifically, it will eventually start lowering accuracy more and more and make the program stall longer and longer...and when i thought about trying a fresh new macro from scratch, and spend alot of time re-inputting my commands, and click save/green check mark for the first time or whatever, it didn't make the program choke to pure death...but still random accuracy hits though. :(

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

Have never heard this before, and this has never occured to me. Any viruses on your computer, or ad-ware?

odingalt

Staff member
The recording feature is for making short combinations, 30 seconds or less.

Long macros aren't going to work and will bog down the computer/software to the point where it will freeze or crash.

The controller is not accurate in reproducing the analog (stick movements) on really long macros.

NYjetsNY1

Odingalt, I believe he's talking about a macro under two seconds in length. I wanted to see the macro so I can confirm.

garnet2k11

Sorry that I've taken awhile to respond back. I just been so burnt out from trying this stuff, i am finally making some progress, but very little...and randomly. Luckily the extremely long loading time hasn't happened again, im not sure how it even did when i only had a 1.3 second macro. I just thought it was because i had gone through editing 1 file, and must of clicked the green check mark at least 50 times total or more for it trying to get it perfect.

I'm just trying to get through a level that's only NO LONGER than 1 minute 30 seconds, and well im breaking it down into at least 10 or so seperate recordings/macros. Just to be safe im trying to make them as short as possible - one per room to "try" keeping accuracy if you get what i mean.

mm10 does "not" use the joysticks, the 2 triggers behind the L and R, or Y and B, so im only using the game's own controls obviously - Dpad, L/R, and X/A, and start button to time the macros.

I've set all of them with a speed multipler of 0.60 - cause i "thought" it might make it more accurate to the game's Time Attack timer, or 60 FPS, I dont think im willing to spend dozens of hours trying to test every single speed multipler setting --- 0.61, 0.62, 0.63...until finding something that matches the game's speed...or elimanating these completely random messups that keep happening i explained earlier. :( How i'll get through a screen perfect, or just plain fail. I know the regular normal 1.00 speed didn't help either. I've currently just always been staying on 0.60 so far currently

I can get my macro set up soon if you still wanted to see, and explain when the tac switches should be pressed, but i perfer this be kept private, i really dont want it being public to everyone.

Last edited:

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I think the only way to do that is through a PM (private message) and if you wanted to upload your macros then you will have to email someone to keep it private.

JacksonB813

This used to happen to me before I updated to the 0.8.7.5 software, I think I mentioned it in the thread I started but it only happened when I used D-Pad commands and I honestly I haven't used D-Pad commands since updating so the problem may still be present... I'll check when I get home. The file size and load/save time of the macro would double every time I click the green check-mark.

garnet2k11

i do actually still experience the random dpad changing issue only if i have a direction currently in one of the dpad commands.
I've only had to deal with it for just 1 screen so far, but its not over yet, i'll have to again at least 1 more time later on.

it would change to straight up, or up-left when it's "NOT" supposed to, only should move up-right on a very specific timed frame.
But i was actually getting through this just fine only if i'd add that one spot AFTER im done editing... to go test again and re-edit again. basically i'd have to close down the software every single time, reopen, and the current macro, and re-edit my commands, and add that 1 frame LAST, then save so it doesnt change.
Im not good at explaining things sorry. :( I hope the random d-pad thing could be fixed still sometime eventually.

Anyway, im slowly making progress on my stuff, but still extremely horribly fustrating to death only having totally random luck on every attempt in a room. I have a total of 6 macro editing playbacks assigned right now, and it's only maybe 1 out of 10 times that all 6 of them will execute perfectly.

Still using 0.60 on the speed multipler setting, im just not ready to spend forever and ever just yet, trying every single possible speed multipler setting ever imaginable yet.

but i just dont get it how it can end up being so off though, it just dont make any sense to me how i might get a perfect playback 2 or 3 times in a row, then fail 20 times ...then succeed once or twice, and another 5 or 10 fails, etc etc ----
bottom line: a jump, shoot, or weapon change happening "1 single frame" or 0.01 too late or too early messing it all up.

Last edited: