Akimbo 1 trigger

Glocks

Can you guys make a code for the perk Akimbo to make it where you only have to hold the Left Trigger to fire both weapons instead of having to push the right and the left trigger? I think this would be a great addition because people seem to get mixed up having to use both triggers.

odingalt

Staff member
Absolutely.

Question for you. If we were to add this to our "5 mode COD:MW2" code. Would this be like a mode 6? Or would this feature replace the fast reload where a special combination of buttons turn it on and off (like holding "button A" and pressing sync to turn off what we would call 'akimbo mode' or something)?

On Duo/Raven it becomes pretty easy - just have 'akimbo mode' enabled/disabled with the left tac. But then the Hammer/Sleeper will get jealous :D

odingalt

Staff member
For that matter wouldn't it make more sense if pulling the right triggers fires both weapons (just to stick with what's the usual trigger) or were you thinking right trigger would just fire the right gun and left trigger would fire both?

Glocks

I think that the right trigger should fire both weapons and the left should only fire the left side.

odingalt

Staff member
More beta test code. This test code is for Sleeper/Thor's Hammer. The mode you want is our new mode 6: 'Mimic' mode.

When the controller is on mode 6 'mimic' mode and Rapidfire is off: holding the right trigger, the left trigger will also automatically be held down for you.
When the controller is on mode 6 'mimic' mode and Rapidfire is on: holding right trigger will rapidfire both the right and left triggers

So in other words, if you want to akimbo but only want to pull the right trigger, put it in mode 6. If you have automatic pistols, leave rapidfire off. If you have single-fire pistols, turn rapidfire on.

Give it a try and please report back. Unfortunately I don't have akimbos yet.

1.High fire rate
2.Slow fire rate
3.Jitter mod (per user’s requests)
4.Three-round burst
5.Five-round burst
6.'Mimic' mode
7.Sniper Mode

bowl killa tcb

Unlocked it and tryed it and gave it a shot i tell you what i will duel usp45 weilding S.O.B. till level 70 a million thanks you rock man once more money well spent....

G

i tried to make a new topic not sure if i did or not didnt see it but it has to do with this kinda i use the 1887 shot guns akimbo is there a reload glitch setting to make this faster or am i missing it i looked on the list of reloads and didnt see it the shottys are godly one shot kill at close range but there really slow cycleing threw the action of cocking if you could hook me up id love it thanks

odingalt

Staff member
I'm not quite up to that level yet (I'm only at level 29), but I believe any shotguns that have a pump-action can't be made to fast reload, same goes with any sniper rifles that are bolt-action and are fed shells 1-at-a-time.

a42ozslushie

Hey if you have this with the duo controller and you turn off the right tact switch it automatically zooms in when you shoot. If you could please fix this that would be much appreciated

odingalt

Staff member
When you are in Akimbo Mode and pulling the right trigger, the Viking chip pulls the left trigger for you. (So if you have a rifle out in Akimbo Mode, this results in auto-scoping when you pull right trigger to fire).

The Right Tac switch is currently configured to turn rapidfire on/off, with the idea that you need rapidfire on with guns like USP .45, but rapidfire off with guns like the full-auto G18.

If we change it so that the Right Tac switch turns Akimbo mode on/off, the users wouldn't be able to turn rapidfire on/off anymore while in Akimbo mode.

With that said, maybe you can help me brainstorm what buttons we can use to turn Akimbo Mode off/on while also still being able to turn rapidfire off/on. If I remember right, on the Duo the left tac switch is always controlling the fast reload function?

a42ozslushie

This same problems occurs in sniper mode. Even with the right tac switch off you still breathe in every time you push the left trigger. I was thinking that when you turn the right tac switch off, that function stays off. Yes you are correct the left tact switch is for fast reloads. If only the controllers were wired to every button...