ANOTHER STORM? C'MON!

NickM

Hey guys, just recently, the Midwest experienced a storm, almost completely unaware of what it would dump on us. We thought the storm would give us anywhere from 4-7" of snow, instead we got 12.4" and that amount of snow around here is UNHEARD OF. Although, now, another colossal storm is headed our way. This so called "colossal" storm is said to be one- if not the BIGGEST storm the US has ever seen. The storm (once its done) will have affected over 1/3 of the nations population (a little over 100million) and will have hit 29 states hard. There is a possibility the predictions could be wrong though, besides locally we expected 4-7" before, and like I said, we got double that, the storm could be bigger, or it could be smaller, who knows.

What the storm will consist of:
Ice: 1/4-1inches
Snow: 14-18inches
Sleet: 2+inches
Frz. Rain: A lot, power could go out soon if it continues.

Sources:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather- ... 2011-01-28

http://www.kmov.com/weather

map_spectrop20_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg

ice-storm-threat-013011-600x405.jpg

Post any thoughts/comments below guys :D I'll be sure to update the thread if the forcast changes.

Itz CHARLEY

Last year in Kentucky just around this time we got a 'huge storm'. It rained liquid frozen water(yup) all night. It was like rain but froze the instant it hit something. So the next day everything was coated in at least a half an inch of ice and every other tree had fallen down or was about to from the weight of the ice. The power was out for 8 days at my house and I missed a week of school and the ice still hadn't melted by then. Maybe this will become an annual event.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Stop whining!!! The city my school board operates out of got 40 inches in one day in December. 12 inches is fairly common... That's the estimate for tonight/tommorrow. Charlie's ice story beats this though... School was only closed for 3 days. We've had something simular to that, but not nearly as much at once to get enough to knock down trees.

NickM

obo said:
my school is out lol gotta love it
Same here, I live in Edwardsville, IL (Close to St. Louis), we are expecting 14-18inches of snow, let me update topic real quick.