Any hope for Elite Berserkers

modded matt

If there was one, it would be $400 - $500...

Viking has no current intention of providing one. I am doing research currently for a prototype.

Freyja

Staff member
Nope.
No hope from us.

Maybe later, but probably not even something we're going to look into more this year. PS4 Berserker is way more important to us. We're not going to make 2 Berserkers for one console and neglect the other that supposedly is more popular.

modded matt

More popular console.... I beg to differ. I am going to open one this weekend if I can get my hands on it and go from there. I may need some help from you as we have discussed before due to the commissioning of the berserker, but I will get with you via PM.

You know me, if I can make it fit, I should be able to make it work. To do this though, I will have to make the standard MOBO work to ensure there are no software issues with the viking chip. Doing so would make this a viking in an elite shell, not an elite with a viking chip. (If that makes any since)

Last edited:

Freyja

Staff member
I don't agree that it is more popular and our sales don't reflect it either, but apparently the other mod shops get primarily PS4 orders.

Odin will be the one to talk to about the nitty gritty stuff, I'm pretty useless at understanding the software side of things. I can solder like a MF though ;)

sharkey

In raw sales the PS4 outsells the xbox one however in the realm of modding xbox has always been the front runner. I'm a newcomer here but I hold high reserves that lack of orders has anything to do with a supposed lack of customerbase for Xbox. I would point the finger more at saturation of the market.

bonefisher

The turn around is coming big time though. Since windows 10 and all the goodies there kicking out now.

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah I gotta get PS4 Berserker launched first, I keep blowing past due dates to get it launched.

cExact

Yeah I gotta get PS4 Berserker launched first, I keep blowing past due dates to get it launched.
This is very hypothetical, but let's say I purchase a Xbox one Elite controller any chance I can do a send in service to get a ragnarok chip installed?

modded matt

Anyone who wants to send me a controller to attempt the install will get a free mod chip (installed) and either an elite Ranarok or an elite controller with a hole in it back.

(I will attempt the mod if I can get my hands on an elite controller.)

odingalt

Staff member
You might be able to get the Ragnarok modchip to work on the Elite but I haven't cracked one open yet to see. We aren't officially selling anything for Elite yet.

cExact

You might be able to get the Ragnarok modchip to work on the Elite but I haven't cracked one open yet to see. We aren't officially selling anything for Elite yet.
Can I send in a Elite controller for you guys to find out? For the ragnarok service?

odingalt

Staff member
This week we just retired Ragnarok as a retail product. We're still selling DIY chips to build your own Ragnarok, but as far as selling retail controllers and doing send-in service, we are only doing Berserkers from here on out.

cExact

This week we just retired Ragnarok as a retail product. We're still selling DIY chips to build your own Ragnarok, but as far as selling retail controllers and doing send-in service, we are only doing Berserkers from here on out.
I'd love to send in my Elite controller then if you guys are willing to take a crack at it for the Berserker Chip...

Freyja

Staff member
cExact and boomers831 Viking supports Modded Matt in his endeavor to mod the Elite.
If you are willing to be Guinea pigs for a possible Ragnarok-ized Elite controller send him a message. We aren't selling Ragnarok's anymore and aren't taking orders for any controllers at the moment. If you want it done you've got to talk to him, he has some of the Rev D chips.

In terms of the Berserker in the Elite controller all previous statements of not going to happen/not happening anytime soon stand.

THE CURRENT BERSERKER CHIP DOES NOT WORK WITH THE ELITE CONTROLLER.

Making it work means a whole lot of re-configuring of the hardware and software. The circuit boards are entirely different, it is not a matter of we are lazy or have no interest, we just don't have the time or funds to do something that is extremely costly and specific in an already very niche market.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just tired of answering this question. Apparently my previous answers were not clear enough.