Any Left Macro Controllers?

Crusvde

Just wondering because I was looking forward to devoting time to making more macros than just a bunch of jitters and rapid fires.
For instance: having a Halo 2 automatic BR since there's XBConnect up and you can still play online.
I also really wanted to try the snaking macro for BO1.
But, I'm just wondering if any of these things are still around.
Can't seem to find them online (unless they're already sold) or in the V360 store, which confuses me because if it sells well, why not keep it going?

JIM WALKER

Apparently the chips required to make the macro have run dry and their supplier has stopped supplying, an earlier post was replied to on this subject and was told they had ended , certainly for the foreseeable future as they were concentrating on the new berserker, keep checking though, you never know, once the berserker gets properly into production Viking might bring them back, providing they can find another supplier for the chips they need. Not the answer you were hoping for sure, but at least now you know ....

odingalt

Staff member
It's the same problem we ran into last time, "only worse". Supplier wants to sell 1,000 units are a ridiculous price (for the "solderless" clip on - even with this clip-on the XBOX 360 macro install is still something like 18 wires). Also, their design has a flaw, they refuse to update to an improved design (we did all the work they just had to change up the tooling slightly). To go out on our own to produce this part, we would have to purchase a $50,000 specialized machine and fly to China to comission and purchase the machine. It's an investment we just don't see paying itself back as we're unlikely to sell another 1,000 XBOX 360 macro controllers. We used up a good portion of the last 1,000 we purchased on an unrelatd project and ended up running out of stock for the XBOX 360. The quality issues with this part are a big contributor to not reordering along with the price and the sheer hassle - each macro modchip has to be HAND ASSEMBLED due to the crappy design of the solderless clip by the supplier - usually by me - I am just burned out after thousands of hours over a soldering iron and a magnifier.

Next time we have $50k laying around we will be investing in our own clip, it just won't be today, and I can't put a date on it either, it really depends on how well Berserker sells before we can put more money into more projects at Viking.

JIM WALKER

Just wondering because I was looking forward to devoting time to making more macros than just a bunch of jitters and rapid fires.
For instance: having a Halo 2 automatic BR since there's XBConnect up and you can still play online.
I also really wanted to try the snaking macro for BO1.
But, I'm just wondering if any of these things are still around.
Can't seem to find them online (unless they're already sold) or in the V360 store, which confuses me because if it sells well, why not keep it going?

Have sent you a PM, check your inbox at the top of the page ....