Batteries

Nightwolf

Just sat here thinking, My Viking Macros is ordered, and it comes with a standard XBOX P&C Kit, but are these battery packs ideal? As with all the additions in the new pad, will it not drain quicker? Or cause voltage problems?

My question is this, should I use the MS Battery Pack? Or AA rechargables? What do you Viking makers suggest?

Agent

Just sat here thinking, My Viking Macros is ordered, and it comes with a standard XBOX P&C Kit, but are these battery packs ideal? As with all the additions in the new pad, will it not drain quicker? Or cause voltage problems?

My question is this, should I use the MS Battery Pack? Or AA rechargables? What do you Viking makers suggest?

In my experience of using the Microsoft Play and Charge kit I have noticed battery drainage much quicker on a standard controller than of the use of AA batteries, I have yet to try my Play and Charge on my Thor's Hammer, which could behave differently than a Macro Controller but AA batteries appear to be lasting the same amount of time that they did on the standard controller.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I always use my Play and charge kit and I think its fine. Batteries will die with about 1 day full of gameplay however while your playing you can just hook up your Play and charge cable so it never dies.

NYjetsNY1

AA batteries recommended, and to fix problems. Also connected play and charge cable with rechargeable battery pack is fine.

garnet2k11

Are "energizer advanced lithium" safe or dangerous ? I asked for batteries yesterday morning to my dad, he bought me a brand new pack of 4 double A's...but they were lithium type...instead of regular alkaline.. are those okay on the macro ? I tested last night after my problems, but the controller immediately shut off after 10 seconds or so even though the LED managed to come on and super bright.

I tried them in my old plain regular 360 controller that's a few years old, and they were just fine...

Last edited:

obo

That shouldn't matter whatsoever. Lithium batteries are in practically every device nowadays. Try using a different battery pack with your macro controller. It sounds like you may have a connection issue with the batteries. Sometimes different battery casings will cause issues like that.

40_ounce

garnet2k11

That shouldn't matter whatsoever. Lithium batteries are in practically every device nowadays. Try using a different battery pack with your macro controller. It sounds like you may have a connection issue with the batteries. Sometimes different battery casings will cause issues like that.

ohhh, i seriously wish i could try with another battery pack right now, concerning the LED issues im experiencing, but i dont have anymore im afraid, just only this rechargeable pack that came with the controller which is the only thing i can even use ...and the normal battery pack out of my old controller from when i first purchased my 360 back in december 2008.
i was able to try 3 more sets of batteries this morning, 1 pair of duracel, and another 2 pairs of normal energizers (alkaline, not lithium), but as usual, controller just immediately shuts off after seconds. :(

I know battery packs would only cost like a dollar probably, i may try to get one sometime if i get the chance.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Batteries shouldn't hurt the controller. The only thing that might be different (long shot) is if your batteries don't make good contact in the battery pack holder. I've had battery packs go "loose" after awhile. There's a metal clip in the bottom of the battery hold that helps keep tension and helps press the batteries into the controller. This will eventually wear out over time, I've had to throw several away (luckily since I run a mod shop I have a bucket full of about 200 battery pack covers lol)

djcdc

So odin with the Price I paid for the Macro, Do I get a couple of spare battery covers? heheheh I viewed some of the tutorials on the macro. I am super impressed. You guys not only are good at electronics, but you also have some serious skills in programming and interface design.

My macro arrived today. I cant wait to try it out..

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
So odin with the Price I paid for the Macro, Do I get a couple of spare battery covers? heheheh I viewed some of the tutorials on the macro. I am super impressed. You guys not only are good at electronics, but you also have some serious skills in programming and interface design.

My macro arrived today. I cant wait to try it out..

These things are truly amazing. If you need help with the software Im always here to help!