Berserker connection question.

Snuffy

Hopefully my Berserker will arrive tomorrow. I have installed the USB app on my machine and have access to the Forge. I want to be ready to hook it up and go as soon as possible.

Instructions say first thing to do is update the firmware, so that is what I'm going to do.

On page 3 of the operation instructions it says to begin with the Berserker off, then plug the USB cable into the controller (it does not say which port to use) and the other in the PC, and then tells you the sequence to boot it up, and LED's should flash purple.

However, according to other comments on the forum, the Berserker will not connect to the PC unless you either have it currently synced to your Xbox console or a second USB cable from PC to controller.

The manual does not say to either sync or use a second USB cable. I have the 3/2/2014 revision, it was downloaded yesterday.

I am usually the type of person that follows instruction manuals to the letter, so I want to do it right and with as least frustration as possible.

Snuffy

odingalt

Staff member
The Berserker will connect to the PC, BUT, it will "fall asleep" in the middle of your firmware update if you don't sync it to an XBOX console or use a second USB cable from PC to controller. The manual is old, go by the advice you heard, do indeed either sync the controller to a nearby console, or, use a second USB power cable to power the controller from the stock charging port.